Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Eighteen

“Well, it seems someone has been a little naughty lately. What are your parents going to think, Adri?”

I took another step back in a fit of panic and tried not to show my fear, something that I wasn't doing all that well. How Jayson had even gotten into my room, I wasn't sure, but I knew that we were the only two people in the house, and after past experience, I knew that that wasn't necessarily a good thing. Now that there wasn't anyone around to stop him from doing what he wanted, there was no doubt in my mind that he would use that to his advantage.

But I didn't want to let him know that I was even thinking about that. The worst possible thing that anyone could do when alone with Jayson was show fear, panic, or act as if you knew his intentions—things that I was most likely going to slip up and do if I wasn't careful. “What are you doing here, Jayson?”

Raising a brow as if he was surprised that I had questioned him, he chuckled to himself and leaned back on the bed. “What else would I be doing here, baby girl? I'm here to claim what belongs to me.” When I didn't say anything, he rolled his eyes and blew out a sigh. “That would be you, idiot. I swear, your time away from me hasn't made you the bright one that you used to be—”

“—I didn't ask for humor, Jayson. What are your real intentions for coming here?” Though my tone was more accusing than questioning, I was shaking in my place, praying that someone would come home before he got a chance to do whatever it was he was planning. I would love to tell myself that he was predictable and that I knew what to expect, but I hadn't been around Jayson for at least two years; what he was capable of now was completely beyond me. When we dated, he would have gone through any length just to get me in bed with him, and what he'd do for sex was something completely different. Now that we were both two years older, and two years more experienced than we were—or at least, he was—than we had been back when we dated, I didn't know what he was capable of doing now.

And that was something that scared me.

Jayson on the other hand seemed quite satisfied with himself though because he stood up and walked over to me, making me grow wide eyed as he reached out and cupped my face with his right hand. A smile was on his face, but nothing about it calmed me down or made me feel any more secure than I had been when I got here. 'I could only imagine how much worse this would have been if I hadn't taken my anxiety pills. . .'

I didn't want to seem afraid in front of him, but just by looking into his eyes, I knew that none of his intentions were something that I wanted to experience first hand. “Love,” he started, stepping way closer than what was necessary, “why did you stray from me? You promised that we would be together forever.” With his smile disappearing, he quickly lifted his hand as if he was going to hit me, but I guess he saw the fear in my eyes because he clenched his jaw and lowered his hand. “You know,” he continued, walking away from me and giving me a chance to exhale, “things would be so much simpler for you if you just knew how to act. I mean, my rules weren't that hard to follow. Sure, I wanted an occasional blow job here and there, and sure, I hit you from time to time, but you only got what you deserved. Don't you think I was being fair? Because I thought that overall, I had been pretty lenient with you.”

'That's what he calls lenient?!' Resisting the urge to roll my eyes, I slowly began to make my way to where the door should be, happy that Jayson had his back to me at this moment and that I could run whenever I felt like it. There was no doubt in my mind that he would catch me, but at least if he did, I could say that I tried to escape. “Our break up was probably one of the best things that you bestowed upon me.” When I said that, he stiffened up, but he didn't turn around, so I continued speaking and slowly moving towards the exit of my room. “You showed me what I didn't want in a relationship, and I can't help but thank you for that. Though. . . The last thing you were with me was lenient.”

I took another step, making the floor creak as I did, and I mentally cursed myself for putting so much weight on one foot. Still, Jayson didn't turn around, but he didn't speak either, and that worried me. He wasn't the type of person to stay quiet for a while unless he was planning on doing something, and that alone made the hair on my arms stand up. At any moment, I could turn and run out of the house, and I'm sure he wouldn't follow me, but then again, he has me alone and right where he wants me. Why wouldn't he take the chance to do what he's been wanting for almost two years now? What would be the reason that he just suddenly realizes that it's not a good idea and that he should leave me alone?

Not wanting to think about it, I turned on my heal at the very last second and ran in the direction of the hallway, only to have someone grab me from the direction I was running in and forcefully bring me back to the room. I put up a fight of course, but the person was at least twice my size in muscle mass and not to mention height. I mean, five-foot-nine at the most, but still, he was pretty damn tall! His height wasn't what had bothered me, though. Nope, nope, what bothered me was that this was the guy who broke into my house those few days ago and now the look in his eyes was way worse than the one that he initially had when he saw me.

I was still putting up a fight by the time they got me onto the bed and you can only imagine how much worse it got when I saw that Jayson was now holding a needle in his hand with some unknown substance inside, and just by looking at his face, I knew that it was something that wasn't going to help me in any way, shape or form. Of course, I was still trying to escape and by the time he made it over to me, I felt I was in some horror movie and the killer was looking me right in the eyes before he struck. 'But Jayson can't kill me. He probably needs me just as much as Haydn does, so killing me wouldn't be an all that great idea—'

“What are you thinking about, Love?”

Narrowing my eyes at him, I shook my head and continued to struggle against my attackers hold, but I knew it was an effortless attempt. “Nothing that concerns you, dick head.”

He laughed at how much ice was dripping off of my voice, but he didn't really do anything else about it but walk over to me, needle in hand, and held down my arm as if to prepare me for something. A new fear began to course through my veins, and while I tried my hardest to get away, I knew it was a lost cause. The guy holding my was pretty much twice my size, and Jayson was even bigger! Trying to get away from them wouldn't have been possible even if they were both drugged and tied up!

Jayson looked down at me for a second before bringing the needle to my arm. I knew if I moved, I would pretty much be injecting myself with whatever was inside, so I stayed still and looked him in the eyes with a hard look. “What do you hope to accomplish by drugging me, Jayson? You need me and you know it!”

A grin found it's way to his lips and he shook his head. “I need you for sexual matters, yeah, but once I'm done with that, what good are you to me?” When I didn't say anything, he shook his head and began to stick the needle into my arm, and I watched in terror ash he lowered the syringe down and the substance began to fill my veins. “Had you simply stayed with your little boyfriend instead of trying to be so damn independent, this wouldn't be happening right now. But I know you a little too well, Adri.” He took the needle out, capped it and stuck it back in his pocket before continuing. “I know how you work, and I know how you think. . .”

As the drug—whatever it was—began to travel around my body, I tried to move, but I suddenly felt like my body was lead and I weighed almost ten thousand pounds! Lifting my arm was an effort, and moving my fingers was an even bigger one! I wasn't even sure if I could talk, but I sure as hell tried. “What, , , Did you. . .”

“Inject you with?” I didn't have to respond for him to know that that had been my question. “Just a little something that'll keep you awake, but also keep you immobile for a while. Can't have you dozing off, now can we?” At this point, I was sure that fear was evident in my eyes, but since I could feel my body getting heavier with each passing second, I knew that there was no use trying to fight this. “Erik,” Jayson began, breaking me from my thoughts, “leave the room for a bit. I have a few things that I want to take care of.”

They exchanged a look before Erik looked at me with a grin on his face and walked out of my room. I knew what he had planned, rather, what I thought he had planned, and when he took off his shirt, revealing a body that had been through Hell and back, I knew that I was proven correct. “Just sit back and relax, Adri. This is going to be a long afternoon.” And with that, he grinned.