Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Fourteen [2/2]

Crap, crap, crap! The moment Haydn saw Trace sitting with me, a glare found its way to his face and he began to make his way over to me. Part of me was dying to run away from the scene and just avoid the situation in it's entirety, but what would that solve? The two of them were in different gangs and they would end up fighting anyway!

On one hand, I had Trace; my own flesh and blood, but on the other hand, I had Haydn, and according to him, he was around to protect me. Getting on either of their bad sides wouldn't be the slightest bit helpful, but I couldn't just sit back and see who would win either.

The look in Haydn's eyes as he stared at Trace kind of scared me. This was on of those 'If Looks Could Kill' kind of moments and I really didn't like. What surprised me the most though was that Trace was still just as calm as he had been before Haydn got here. His calm demeanor hadn't phased, and that didn't change when Haydn reached us and was all but snarling at Trace. “What are you doing with her? I'm pretty sure you've hurt her enough.”

As soon as he said that, Trace's jaw clenched and you could see it in his eyes that the comment bothered him, but he still kept his cool and simply shrugged. “What I do is none of your business, Pretty Boy.” With that, he stood up and looked at me with sad, blue eyes. “I'll see you at the house, Adri.” Turning away from me, Trace grabbed Haydn by the collar of his shirt and I—along with every other student—watched as the two boys all but snarled and glared at each other. “If you touch her, I'll kill you.”

Much to my surprise, Haydn laughed and shook his head, pushing Trace away from him. “You couldn't during our fight before, what makes you think you can now?”

That was pretty much when all hell broke look because in one all too fast motion, Trace threw a punch and both boys were brawling out on the floor. I was scared beyond belief, but if I didn't break it up, I'm sure no one would. The lunch staff was nowhere to be seen, all of the students were as shocked as I was, and Andrew? He was off in his own world thinking about God knows what!

So, going against my better judgment, I walked around the lunch table and took a deep breath before stepping in between the two boys and trying my hardest to avoid their punches. Of course, luck wasn't on my side because just as I turned to push my brother away from Haydn, a hard blow met the right side of my face and I involuntarily let out a loud yelp, which made both boys stop fighting and look at me as I held my face in pain with tears streaming down my cheeks. Trace stared at me in horror as I moved my hand an turned on my heal to run out of the cafeteria. I could hear them both calling after me, but the throbbing pain on the right side of my face was kind of distracting me. Yeah, I know he didn't mean to hit me, but that didn't mean it hurt me any less!

After a few minutes, I finally decided to stop running, and I looked up to see that I was standing in front of the nurses office. How convenient. . . When I began to walk inside, I felt someone watching me, and sure enough when I turned around, a pair of almost cyan blue eyes were staring back at me. I smiled slightly before walking over to the brunette. “What are you doing here, Chase? I thought you didn't go to school with us.”

He shrugged. “You'd be surprised how far you could get with a school uniform and a little charm.” After laughing for a bit, he looked up at my cheek and blew out a sigh. I took that as a chance to swallow the blood that was in my mouth. It was gross, but I couldn't really spit it out; that was disgusting in my opinion. “Which on hit you?”

I shrugged. “My douche bag brother. . .”

Chuckling to himself, he reached out to touch it, making me flinch at the sudden contact. He noticed and gave me an apologetic stare before breathing out a sigh. “You know, this wouldn't have happened if I kept my eye on you more often.”