Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Five*

The school day from that point on was pretty uneventful. Andrew was talking my ear off about how hot my brother was—almost completely forgetting that he choked him half to death—and I almost felt tempted to hit him myself. I mean, yeah, my brother had went through quite the growth spurt, but I didn't want to hear about it! He was my own flesh and blood for Christs sake!

But, on another note, Christina had been giving me the evil eye for a large portion of the day, and while it didn't bother me, I couldn't help but think it was annoying. I mean, if she's going to stare at me all day, she could at least be an attractive guy and not some easy skank. Sadly though, the scene from earlier didn't seem to have an effect on her attraction to my brother. It's not like I hadn't expected it, but come on; he made it clear that he didn't want her, and she's still chasing him. If I didn't know any better, I'd call her desperate—which would be a huge shock to everyone, I assure you—but I already had enough problems with her, and I wasn't looking to start anymore.

Now, it was seventh period, and everyone had gathered in the cafeteria and was getting ready to eat. The word had spread fast about what happened earlier—again, shocker—and everyone was either looking at me, my brother or Christina to see what would happen next. Andrew didn't really like the attention—something about him not wanting to be caught checking out my brother in his not so discreet manner—but he coped well with it. At least, he had in the beginning of the lunch period.

“I don't understand what the big deal is. So, your older brother transfers into the school and he just happens to be a total stud. That doesn't mean everyone has to stare at us like we have a virus!”

I shrugged, trying to ignore how dramatic he was being. “It could be worse. They could be ignoring us.” He seemed to notice the sarcasm in my voice because he rolled his eyes, causing me to break out into a small amount of laughter. Normally, I was happy and energetic at lunch, but with so much whispering and staring going on, it was hard for me to get a chance to enjoy myself. But what person couldwhen rumors were flying a mile a minute? Aside from the people spreading them, of course.

As if right on cue, Cassandra walked into the lunch room with a strange look on her face, and she hurriedly walked over to where Andrew and I were sitting. Without even giving me a chance to say hello to her, she began to speak. “That'syour brother?” I nodded, already annoyed with the topic of conversation. “I wish you would have told me he was transferring. I would have taken a little more effort in getting dressed today.”

Looking at the outfit she had on, I raised a brow. She was wearing a pair of black tights under her uniform, her skirt had barely covered her butt, but I guess that tights made up for that. Her shirt was white and it hugged her bust a little too tightly, and her black blazer was open. As usual, her blond hair was hanging over her shoulders, and her make up was just enough to make her eyes stand out—but not enough to make her look like Christina on one of her 'good' days. Her shoes were was pair of slip on Vans—black of course—and for the most part, she looked like a curvier version of me. Why she was complaining, I'd never know. I would kill to look like her—or at least have her height. I had a small five-foot-three figure and she stood at almost five-foot-eight. While being short had it's benefits, it also had its faults. Such as me not being to get through the crowds in the hall throughout the day, but that was a story for another day.

“Girl, you look fine. You really need to stop trying to make yourself look like a 'classy' version of Christina.”

My mouth fell open when Andrew said that. Of course it shouldn't have caught me off guard; Andrew and Cassandra were always arguing—whether or not they were serious, I'd never know. “Oh, shut up, Andrew. You're just mad because you know that you won't be getting any from him.”