Falling For A Criminal - Chapter Nineteen

WARNING: THIS CHAPTER HAS NAUGHTINESS IN IT (/_\) It's the part in italics though, so you don't have to read it if you don't want to. . . Though you guys are little nasties so I know you will anyway LOL 

ALSO, THIS ISN'T EDITED! IT WILL BE LATER, SO JUST IGNORE ANY TYPOS AND I'LL FIX THEM LATER :X Enjoy! 

Haydn's POV

About two weeks had passed since the last time I—or anyone else—had seen Adriana, and even if no one was saying anything, I knew that people were beginning to wonder where she had run off to. Everyone knew that she was somehow wrapped up with me, and with Trace and Jayson so conveniently making their appearances only shortly after I did, you can only imagine the things that were going on in people's heads. I couldn't really just go up to people and ask them if they knew where she was though because as far as I was concerned, her only actual friends were Cassandra and Andrew, and the two of them were completely clueless about here whereabouts. 'Some friends. . .'

Not really caring about whether or not they knew, I walked off in the direction of the parking lot where I saw my brother making out with his girlfriend. Me being the jackass that I am cleared my throat and threw a snowball at both of them, making them break apart and look at me with angry looks on their faces. “Really, Haydn?” Cassandra began, “Act your age, not you goddamn shoe size.”

I rolled my eyes at her, turning to face my brother. “Any word, bro?” He shook his head, making me a bit more annoyed than I had already been. Chase had been the last person to see Adriana before she went 'missing' and even he doesn't have the slightest clue where she could be. I hadn't been desperate enough to ask her brother if he had seen her, but I was beginning to run out of options here.

I mean, the one girl I was actually beginning to have feelings—other than sexual ones anyway—was gone and it was because I was dumb enough to let her out of my sight. It wasn't necessarily my fault, but I wasn't pointing fingers. My main concern was finding her before anyone else could, and if I could do that in time, then I guess I could say I didn't really have nothing to worry about.

That thought completely disappeared from my mind when Trace made his way over to me looking far less than his best. His blonde hair that was normally combed back had been on a mess on top of his head, his blue eyes seemed almost black and he had purple bags under his eyes as if he hadn't been sleeping for a few days. You could only guess the kind of pain he was going through knowing that his little sister was missing, and that feeling was probably worsened when he realized he had to suck up his pride to ask me to help him so we could find her and bring her back safely. Though he didn't ask it, the look was evident on his face.

“Look,” he began, “you and I are probably the furthest thing from friends, but I need your help.” I didn't say anything at first; I wanted him to specify and pretty much beg for my help. Sure, it was low, and it was a waste of time, but how many chances would I get to do this again?

Of course, when I saw the pained look in his eyes, I knew I couldn't turn him down. He cared for Adriana as much as I did, and having her gone was probably killing him inside. “Trace, I—”

“—I already know that we're not friends, and helping me is the last thing that you want to do, but she's my sister, and she obviously means something to you. So, I'm asking you, not as a friend, but as someone who cares and wants to find Adriana to help me do just that.” I was going to question him, but he began speaking again before I got the chance to. “You can't tell me that you don't care that she's missing, Haydn. I see that way you stare longingly at her locker as if waiting for her to show up, and I see the way that you frown when you see that she isn't in any of her classes like she's supposed to be. You care about her and you know it.”