Chapter forty five (3.1)

Setting: basically Arizona, America.

Please vote, comment share and follow up. And please do check out my other stories on my profile. Thanks

Alex's point of view:

The cold breeze of Arizona hit me as I took my first step off Richard's private jet.

Memories of the embarrassment rushed back as I took the second step.

The fake news, how my parents disown me because of my affair. And the most importantly, Richard's rejection. The entire city must have hated me because of how Ava portrayed me.

She even somehow made Richard is innocent, that he is a victim of my scheme. And Richard didn't even for once defend me. He also acted like he was the victim of my scheme.

They made me suffer. I won't spare Richard for all what he hads done to me. He made me suffer and now he took my only child away from me and forced me to live with him because I just want to part of my son's life.

Richard is using my current condition to his own advantage.

"Mom, are you coming down or not?" Xander said, he brought me back to earth.

"Hmm, sure I am" Xander is on the ground with his dad beside him. I unintentionally glared at Richard, I didn't do it deliberately I promise, He raised an eyebrow at me in return. I looked away instantly.

I climbed down the stairs and caught up with them.

"What was that for?" Richard asked.

"Nothing" I didn't dare to look at him.

All of a suddenly, reporters rushed to us without our approval. This is a total bullshit.

"Shit" Richard murmured. Flashes went round and round, they are taking pictures of the three of us. To Xander's knowledge, it is nothing but something to pose for. He started posing randomly while a reporter was taking pictures of him. I muffled my laughter.

"Is the child for Mr richard?" a reporter suddenly asked. That got my attention.

"Are you blind or what? Can't you spot the resemblance? If you have nothing to feed the people anymore, you will start poking your noses to matters that is not even relevant to what you suppose to know, Anyway as you can see, Richard is the father of my child" I said angrily.

"Or maybe he is not" the same reporter said.

"Come again" I dared her as I gave her the deadliest dare she has never encountered in her life.

"How do you feel after losing the court case to Mr Winslow? Another reporter asked but I chose not to answer it.

"Are you back with Mr Richard? Another reporter asked.

"No, we are not back together. The only thing between us is the child." I answered the reporter.

There should be bodyguards here, right?

"How do you feel about your son being illegitimate?" the same annoying reporter asked. I wanted to talk but Richard beat me to it.

"My son is not illegitimate, he is the true heir to Winslow empire, and don't make the mistake of asking that stupid question or even discussing it. He is my son, my heir, so watch your mouth" he threatened. I am very sure they sent her.

Just in, the bodyguards came through the crowd to protect us.

"After the shameful incidents, Do you plan to leave me Winslow or continue to be his whore?" she asked.

"You know what, what I do with him and what he does with me is none if your freaking business. I don't know if you are sent or you decided to send yourself, but If you cross the limit, I can guarantee you that you won't be spared by me. Ain't you even shame of the the silly questions you have been asking? No, I don't think so. People like you are always judgemental but what you do in private are always the worst. I know what I did was bad, so will you criticize for it? Who are you to do so? The only person that is allowed to do so, is my creator so leave him to judge and criticize me. You this fool, don't pick on me or you will see the other side of me." With that I turned and went inside the car.

"Mom, what's happened there?" Xander asked as he put his head on my lap.

"Nothing my baby" I lied to him.

"Okay" he said as he she sat straight for Richard to sit.

"That's was great, you gave them the taste of their medicine." He said.

"Do you know her?" I asked him suddenly.

"Pardon?" he asked with shock.

"There are many female reporters out there, why is she the one do interested in knowing my plans and humiliating me. Reporters are meant to be polite and careful when asking questions, right?" I explained it to him.

"We can discuss it later but not know alex" he said

"Just answer yes or no"

"Fine yes. I met her at a club two years ago" he answered me.

"Simple that's all I want to know" I told him. And that's true.

I can see why the reporter was offensive and abusive. She was Richard's love.
That's great, I can now see the reason reason why she took her anger out on me.

I discovered one of his lovers yesterday, and one today. Who knows if I am going to discover another tomorrow?

"Please, here is my home address. I need to get home" I gave the driver the paper with my home address.

"Okay madam" he said.

After fifteen minutes drive. The car pulled up at my old house. The house that holds many of my memories. From childhood till when I was disowned by my parents because of my illegal affair my boss. My good days and bad days are held in this house. I smiled at the thought.

I alighted from the car with Xander by my side. I took my bag and walked towards the door.

To my wonder, the door was opened widely and that's so very unusual. We have always closed our door no matter what.

I went inside slowly to study what was happening. I heard tears, recognizable to my mom's.

"Mom" I said silently. My mom has never been a person who fancies tears. So why all these?

"Alex my child" she gave me a bone crushing hug that almost made me lose my balance. Then she sobbed on my shoulder.

"What's wrong mom?" I asked her with concern. And I have seen dad anywhere. What the fuck is wrong here? My heartrate increase, I hope it is not what I am thinking of happened.

"He had been rushed to the hospital, Alex. He fainted, and he was also coughing blood. Actually your dad was diagnosed with heart cancer" She sobbed. Heart cancer? I left xander's hand and and the bag. I suddenly lost balance, that I had to hug mom so as not to lose my balance. My dad? Heart cancer? Is there even any disease or cancer like that?

*

Please vote, comment, share and please don't forget to follow me up. Please I need followers.

Follow me on instagram. My instagram handle is Fatai Zainab Abimbola.

*

Read my other stories on my profile.

The bad Taste of Seduction

Hire a maid

Pestering The Broken Billionaire

Coming soon to your library:

Poor Him, Rich Her

The journey of An Arranged Marriage.

Don't miss out in these stories. Join me as I dig in their stories for you guys to read.