ELEVEN | BAD DREAM

Depth: Thirty-nine feet above sea level

Location: Avenger's Tower, Infirmary.

Screaming, screaming, screaming.

Dust flurries throughout the air as people push past each other, shoving others away as they run. People yell in frantic Japanese, simple phrases of "run!" and "hurry!" and, most notably, "bomb!"

Tania stands still amidst the crowd, allowing people to shove, push, and scramble past her. Her feet stay anchored in place as she gazes up at the sky, watching the planes soaring by in tight formations. She can barely make out the planes color distinctions, but she sees enough to know where they are from.

Her whole body aches. Her mind is fogged. She remembers nothing from the recent or far past. All she has is this moment, right now. This moment, filled with screaming, shoving, and panic, is hers to remember.

From above, she sees one of the planes drop a round object, and it comes plummeting down to Earth. More citizens begin pushing past her, fighting a useless effort to get away, to save themselves.

Tania does not do this.

Instead, she closes her eyes and embraces death with open arms.

———————

Tania jolts awake, gasping harshly as her hand jerks up to her chest. Her heart is hammering against her ribs, and she is drenched in sweat.

"Hey, what happened? Are you alright?"

Tania turns sharply and is faced with Bruce, staring at with with a concerned expression. He remains frozen in place, gazing at her, until she speaks.

"I'm... fine," she says hesitantly, "I just had a dream."

"Oh," Bruce says, relaxing a little. "Not a good one, I'm guessing."

After a thick swallow, Tania shakes her head.

Bruce nods in understanding. "Yeah... I get them, too..." he admits.

A small silence falls between them before Bruce clears his throat, beginning to check Tania's vitals. "Well, if you want, I can get Steve, if it's something you think he should know about."

Steve, Tania remembers, is the man with the gentle voice - the soft way with which he spoke to her was memorable. As if she is delicate and will break if he speaks too loudly or harshly.

Hesitantly, Tania nods. It is likely she isn't able to trust anyone in this facility, but if she was going anyone a chance, it was going to be the kind man. Steve.