TWO | SOMETHING REAL

Depth: Thirty-three feet above sea level.
Location: Avenger's Tower, Tony Stark's Laboratory.

Bucky hates asking for favors. He know he doesn't deserve them from anyone, let alone any of the Avengers. But, he feels like he has no other choice.

He hasn't been sleeping at all, not even a little. Every time he so much as closes his eyes, he sees that word, hears it spoken by HYDRA officials. Bermuda. It's driving him insane, and he can't take it anymore. No one believes him when he says he knows something is there, that he remembers. Given, his memory isn't the most credible source, but he knows what he's seen, what he's heard, and the fact no one is listening is driving him to a point he never wished to be at.

It has driven him to the point of begging. And if that's not bad enough, he's begging the son of two people he killed. Bucky's never let his pride slip so low, and can hardly believe he's actually doing this.

Nevertheless, he swallows any ounce of pride he has left, and walks into Tony's Laboratory with his head held high.

Tony is working with holograms, most likely trying to design an updated version of his suit. The blue, highly technological graphics extend from several circular platforms on the floor, each representing a model of Tony's suits. As for Tony, he rolls around the room in a rolling chair, scooting from graphic-to-graphic and making minor adjustments as needed. He hasn't even noticed Bucky yet.

Quietly, Bucky clears his throat, and Tony whirls around in his chair. When he sees Bucky standing there, his face immediately falls, and anger sets in.

"What're you doing here, Barnes?" Tony asks, and rises from his chair. He leans against a nearby table and crosses his arms, radiating anger. Bucky is sure that if he could, Tony would slit his throat right now. Maybe Bucky would let him.

"Listen, I-.." Bucky starts, and exhales in defeat. "I know I'm the last person that should be able to ask for favors, but-.."

"No," Tony says, staring with malice. "Whatever it is, answer's no. Bye."

"Tony, please, just-.." Bucky pleads, but is soon interrupted.

"Do you honestly think I'm gonna do you any favors after what you did, Barnes?" Tony jabs. "I'm letting you stay here and letting you get the help you need for your-" Tony waves his hand towards Bucky, gesturing, "-whatever. That's as good of a favor you'll ever get from me, and you don't even deserve that much."

"I know, I know I don't," Bucky says, nodding. "Just, can you at least hear me out? Give me two minutes, and then I'll leave you be... Please."

Still leaning against the table, Tony sighs, and brings his right arm out in front of him. He rolls up his sleeve to expose his watch, and says. "Two minutes starts now. Go."

Bucky exhaled shortly, half relieved, half nervous. "I-I really think HYDRA has something going on with the Bermuda Triangle. I keep having these memories, HYDRA is talking about the Bermuda Project, and... sending out 'the Bermuda' if they don't think I can handle a mission, and... I don't know, but I just think something is there, and I just want to have it checked out, looked at, just something as simple as-.."

"Two minutes is up," Stark says, dropping his arm and turning back around.

"That wasn't two minutes," Bucky says, confused.