NINE | NOTHING PERSONAL

Depth: Fifty-nine feet above sea level

Location: Avengers Meeting Room.

A few days after Tania's first interview, Tony finally calls a meeting for the Avengers and Nick Fury. It's a meeting that wasn't planned, and is anything but organized. It was extremely last-minute, so the room is filled with anticipation as Tony walks in, documents in hand.

"Alright," he says adamantly, slamming the papers down on the table, "I think I've got something." Tony looks extremely exhausted, either from lack of sleep or mental fatigue - most likely both.

"Let's hear it, Stark," Fury says, standing in the back of the room with his arms crossed. Fury wasn't one who liked to sit in meetings.

Tony exhales heavily before taking a paper from the stack and placing it firmly on the table. "In 1955, a boat crew of twenty-five people died and disappeared, even though the ship didn't even sink. The bodies were never found."

Tony brings forth another sheet of paper, laying it alongside the first. "In 1947, a Soviet submarine was doing an experimental dive off the coast. All fifteen of the crew died, but the submarine showed absolutely no sign of external or internal damage. Again, no bodies."

A third piece of paper. "1968. An American passenger plane was flying over the Soviet Union when the pilot died of what they then said was 'natural causes'. They emergency-landed the plane on a nearby runway, and by the time police came to retrieve the body, it was gone."

Another sheet. "1974. After the-..."

"Stark, pardon my interruption, but is there anything relevant about any of this?" Fury interjects, obviously growing impatient.

"Getting there, Nick," Tony says, also agitated by the interruption. "Now, besides the body's missing, the events didn't seem to be connected at first, so that's when I started looking later down the years."

Tony then begins placing down several individual pieces of paper across the table, each displaying photos and files of different people from throughout the 20th century. "These are all police officers, investigators, just people who looked into these events. All of their causes of deaths are 'natural causes', just like the pilot. But what the files don't say is that all of these people, every single one, had extremely high levels of radiation in their systems when they died. All of them."

Tony pauses for a moment, looking around the room as if waiting for someone to bait him into his next point. "So, what?" Natasha finally asks. "You think the girl's radioactive or something?"

"I didn't at first," Tony admits, shaking his head, "then, I found this."

Tony then pulls out his tablet, swiping and tapping several times before setting it down on the table with a huff. "Those are radiation scan results from a test I did on myself."