Chapter Thirteen

Genevieve

I stared at my brother in confusion. "What do you mean?" I asked.

"He promised that he will make you better." Matthew grinned. "And you are awake now!" he squeezed my waist.

I smiled, but was still curious. "So, you've been talking to my mate?" I questioned.

Matthew nodded with a smile on his face. "He is nice. I like him," he said happily. "Do Mommy and Daddy know that he is staying here?"

My heart dropped at the mention of my parents. I wonder what they told him. "I don't know. I've been asleep remember?" I said.

"Did Auntie Jordyn tell you what happened?" Matthew asked. I shook my head. "Mommy and Daddy went on a vacation. I've been staying with Auntie Jordyn and Uncle Ryan. But she cries a lot. Uncle Ryan said its because she has a baby girl in her tummy," Matthew rambled. He started telling me about what he did while I was 'sick'.

Apparently, he and my mate are best friends. The thought pains me. The last of my immediate family is best friends with Ass-er. But I'm thankful that he kept Matthew company. He was probably lonely while I was out.

"What's all this?" Matthew asked, tugging on the wires. I actually don't know. I shrugged and started to pull them off. The machines started beeping and Matthew started screaming to make it stop. I covered my own ears. Why is it so loud?!

The Royal doctor rushed in with Jordyn, Isaac, and Ryan behind him. They all frantically looked around until their eyes landed on me. Everyone visibly relaxed and the doctor shut off the machine. Matthew whimpered in my arms, clutching is ears.

"Matthew?" I lifted his head to look at me. "How 'bout we go play a game?" Matthew started nodding his head and climbed off the bed. "I just need to talk to Jordyn, Ryan, and Isaac. You can go set it up." He nodded his head, causing his blonde locks to bounce up and down. He walked out the room with the doctor, and the adults sat down.

"We should talk about you parents," Jordyn suggested. I gave her a look signaling that I didn't want to talk about them yet. "Or... um... or something else," she said with a nervous chuckle.

"What happened?" I asked. Still unsure of how I got in a coma.

Uncle Isaac and I both waited for someone to answer. "We just heard you scream. It started out as a scream of frustration, then it was like.... like a howl of p-pain." Jordyn's voice cracked. Ryan shushed her.

With his arms wrapped around his mate, he spoke. "You fainted, and we took you to the doctor. We tried to talk to you. We tried everything. The doctor said that nothing was wrong with you, but with your wolf," Ryan explained.

"So that's why I was in a coma?" I asked. The adults all nodded. "Why... um... Why is Asher here?" I asked hesitantly. I didn't tell anyone about him being my mate.

"Shawn called him," Isaac said with a chuckle. I raised an eyebrow. "Your mate was very jealous."

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. "Ex- mate" I said, putting emphasis on the 'ex'.

Ryan stiffened and Jordyn gasped. "Ex?" Ryan growled.

"He rejected me before he even knew my name," I said, with a few tears streaming down my face. I wiped them away, letting go of the sorrow and having anger fill me.

"What? Are you sure?" Jordyn asked.

How could I not be sure? Instead of being a smart ass, I repeated his exact words. "Yeah. He said 'I, Alpha Asher Reed, reject you as my mate'," I mocked in a deep voice.

"I'm gonna kill him," Ryan growled.

"I'll hide the body," Isaac said.

Jordyn smacked Ryan's arm. "No one is killing anybody. Or hiding any bodies." She glared at Isaac. "You both have seen Asher these past two weeks. He's been looking like shit ever since he got here."

"I still don't understand why he was here in the first place!" I shouted.

"Mates give each other strength. With him near you, I figured it would help your wolf," Shawn said from the doorway. I shot up and wrapped my arms around his waist. He hugged me tightly and inhaled my scent. "You scared me."

"I'm sorry... Its just... All of this has taken a toll on me and my wolf," I responded. He nodded in understanding. Then, I remembered what we were talking about and pulled away from Shawn. "You called him!" I shouted.

"Look, I was just trying to help. And it worked" Shawn argued. I slumped on my bed defeated. As much as I hate to admit it, Asher did help me in a way. Being here allowed his wolf to help mine. "He left by the way."

I sighed. I knew he wasn't gonna stay. He still has the redhead. I couldn't help but be slightly disappointed. "G-Good," I stuttered.

"What's wrong?" I gave him a look. He freaking left me for the red-head werewolf! Shawn looked confused, then he laughed. "You have that Alpha wrapped around your finger. He barely left your side," he informed me.

Really? "He never left?" I asked.

Shawn nodded. "He only left when one of us came in. To give us privacy or whatever. He slept in that chair." Shawn pointed at the chair by my bed.

"Really?" I turned to Jordyn who nodded in confirmation. He didn't leave. "What about his pack?"

"He left Brian in charge," Ryan said with a shrug.

"You know..." Jordyn started. "He really cares about you."

I scoffed. "Yeah. And Matthew loves carrots," I said sarcastically. "Oh my god! Matthew!" I shouted. I was supposed to play with him.

"He's fine. He's taking a nap," Shawn informed me.

I sighed. "He doesn't know does he?" I questioned, even though I already knew the answer. Everyone shook their heads. I bent over and held my head in my hands. "What am I gonna do?" I asked aloud.

"Well, you're gonna have to tell him eventually. Better sooner than later right?" Shawn said.

I groaned. "How do you even tell a kid that his parents are dead? That some wolves ripped them limb by li- AHH!" I shouted as the burning pain spread around my body.

It was stronger than before. The burning feeling increased around my whole body. Like when you get splashed with hot oil while cooking. Only, it was like oil was being splashed around inside of me. And I couldn't get away from it. I screamed in agony. I rolled into a fetus position and screamed. I closed my eyes to see the redhead again. Kissing Asher. I let out a miserable howl as the pain faded.

Panting, I opened my eyes to see Ryan, Shawn, Jordyn, and Isaac watching me. They all had concerned looks on their faces, except Shawn.

He was pissed. "Asher," Shawn growled. I nodded. "He left just so he could whore around with that redhead! How dare he put you through that pain again!" he shouted as his eyes flashed golden. I have a feeling that his stance on Ass-er's and my relationship changed.

"Again? This happened before?" Ryan asked. I nodded. "You have some explaining to do."

I sighed and told them everything.