Chapter Fifty

Genevieve

Two months later

I woke up with wetness between my legs. Quickly, I shook Asher awake. He groaned as he felt the damp sheets. "You couldn't make it to the bathroom?" he questioned tiredly.

"Asher! I didn't pee!" I snapped. He ignored me and peeled the blankets off of the bed before laying back down. God. My mate is an idiot. "Dimwit! My water just broke!" I shouted while slapping his head. Shawn was very, very right. I'm an extremely violent pregnant woman. As for the whole 'dimwit' insult, that's my attempt at not cursing.

Asher jolted up, but froze in the bed. "Asher!" I yelled, trying to get his attention. Dammit. "Jacobs!" I screamed at the top of my lungs. The name really didn't stick. Immediately, the door was broken down and Jacobs stood in the doorway only in a pair of boxers. "My water just broke" I rushed out as pain erupted in my abdomen. Shit. Contractions. I gritted my teeth together as Jacobs helped me out of bed.

"Wait! What about Asher?" I asked, half-way to the door. Jacobs looked at my frozen mate before grabbing a shoe and chucking it at him.

He snapped out of his frozen state, and went into mate-mode. He carefully swooped me off my feet as he jogged to the medical rooms. I gripped the sheets as the ache in my stomach returned. Dr. Nale burst into the room with a pair of gloves on. "Luna. I'm gonna numb your-"

I quickly shook my head. "No. Just get these babies out of me!" I growled out. Asher gently rubbed circles on my back. Another contraction started, and I let out a loud scream. "Dang it, Asher! This is all your fault!" I shouted at him, feeling Ingrid stir inside of me.

"Restrain her!" the doctor demanded. Jacobs and Asher held me down as Dr. Nale injected me with something. Panting for air, I tried to focus on Dr. Nale's words. "It's liquid wolfsbane, so you won't be able to shift. When did your water break?" he questioned.

Breath through the pain. I chanted in my head. "5-10 minutes ago" Jacobs answered for me.

"I see the head! Luna. When I say so, you need to push" Dr. Nale instructed. I was lost in the pain, I didn't even notice that my pants and underwear were gone. I nodded in response as Asher took my hand in his. "1, 2, push!"

I attempted to push my first pup out of me, until I was breathless. Before I pushed again, I took deep breaths. My grip on Asher's hand tightened as I pushed. Suddenly, I wasn't the only one screaming. "She broke my hand!" Asher shouted.

"Shut up! I'm pushing people out of my vagina!" I hissed. He's complaining about his stupid hand. I took in more air before pushing until the room was filled with cries.

I sighed in relief once the first baby was out of me. Dr. Nale handed my baby to Hope, who went to clean them up. "Okay. Whenever you're ready" Dr. Nale stated. Pushing, I gripped the bed since Asher probably didn't want his other hand broken.

"Almost there. One more big push" he urged. Following his instructions, I pushed my baby out of me. Dr. Nale handed my second baby to Jordyn for her to clean. "Congr-"

"Wait!" I shouted as the pain came back. "I think there's another one!" I gritted my teeth together as Dr. Nale told me to push. I groaned while trying to push the last baby out of me.

Feeling the baby come out, I laid back down on the bed. I breathed deeply while Asher rubbed my hand. "You did good, babe" he stated.

"That was a lot of work" I complained. Asher chuckled before Dr. Nale, Hope, and Jordyn came back with my babies who were wrapped in blankets.

Dr. Nale smiled at me. "You have two beautiful girls and one boy" he informed me.

Hope handed me one of my baby girls and Jordyn handed me my baby boy. Dr. Nale gave my other baby girl to Asher. "What are you gonna name them?" Jordyn asked.

I looked at my mate who stared lovingly at our daughter. "Audrey Bay" Asher answered. I smiled, knowing that he named our daughter after his mother.

"David Christopher" I said. My father's name and Asher's father's name. Since our parents didn't have the chance to meet their grandkids, Asher and I decided to honor them by naming our babies after them.

What we weren't expecting was three babies. "Gardenia" I whispered.

Asher smiled at me and kissed my head. "Belle. Gardenia Belle" Asher added a middle name. Belle is his sister's name. I've only met her a few times; but I know that I'll see her soon, so she can meet her nieces and nephew.

"Audrey was born first. David was born roughly 2 minutes later. And Gardenia was born about 3 minutes after him. We didn't really expect Gardenia. Her older siblings were probably protecting her by hiding her behind their big heads" Dr. Nale joked. I let out a small laugh, gazing at the babies. "Congratulations. Alpha and Luna"

I let out a big yawn. "Thank you, Dr. Nale" I said genuinely. He nodded before leaving the room. "Can I see Gardenia?" I asked Asher. He nodded and moved closer. All of my babies looked similar, except Audrey was the only one with Asher's dark hair. Asher and I have the same eye-color, so their eyes will probably be the same. "We're parents" I whispered to Asher.

He smiled and nodded as I yawned again. Giving birth was very tiring. "Go to sleep, babe. I'll find someone to bring the cribs in here" he told me.

"Okay" I handed my babies to Hope and Jordyn. We decided that Hope, Jacobs, Ryan, Jordyn, Britney, Shawn, Peyton, and Brian would all be the godparents of our kids. I wonder where Britney and Peyton are. Before I had the chance to ask anyone, I fell asleep.

*****

I was awoken by cries. My eyes fluttered open and I saw Asher holding Gardenia. He looked up and smiled sheepishly at me. "Sorry. I tried to get her to stop crying, but I think she's hungry" he stated. I sat up and held my arms out. Asher gently handed Gardenia to me, and I started breast feeding her.

Noticing Asher stare, I rolled my eyes. "You're such a perv" I groaned.

He chuckled. "Well, it's not my fault that they grew" he stated.

"It is your fault!" I laughed. Asher threw his head back as he laughed with me. I guess we were laughing too loud because cries filled the room again.

Asher walked over to the cribs and picked up Audrey. "Hi, baby" he cooed. She slightly quieted down. "She might be hungry too" he informed me.

I nodded as I felt Gardenia stop feeding. "Switch" Asher handed me Audrey as I handed him Gardenia. I tried feeding Audrey while my mate held Gardenia.

"Hi, Gar" he said softly. He started rocking her back and forth.

Audrey finally started drinking, and I looked up to see Gardenia falling asleep. "Ash. She can't sleep. You gotta burp her" I told him. He nodded and shifted Gar's position. I watched as he started gently patting her back. Surprisingly, it took less than a minute for her to burp. Asher coaxed her to sleep before slowly placing her inside of a crib. "You're gonna be a great dad"

Asher smiled at me and kissed my head. "You're gonna be a great mom" he mumbled into my hair. Once again, loud cries came from the cribs. Asher picked up David and walked back over to me. "Look, it's my mini-me"

I laughed as Audrey finished up. "Switch. Again" Asher chuckled as he started burping Audrey, and I fed David. "Deja-vu" I stated.

"We're so lucky that this room is soundproof. Everyone would be awake by now" he said.

I nodded in agreement. "What time is it anyway?" I asked. Asher stopped patting Audrey's back and pulled out his phone.

He winced as his bright screen blinded him. "Almost 10. So they are probably waking up right now anyway" he answered.  I still haven't seen Peyton, Brian, Shawn, or Britney. "They came in while you were sleeping" Asher told me.

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Stop eavesdropping on my thoughts" I grunted just as Audrey burped.

"Stop thinking so loud" he retorted. I rolled my eyes at him. Asher put Audrey back into her crib before walking back over to me. "I love you, Queen Genevieve Burke" he said softly. I looked up at my mate, who had love shining in his eyes.

"I love you, Alpha Asher Reed"