Chapter Forty-Six

Asher

'Just be careful, okay?' Eve said softly through our mind-link.

I know that I should probably be happy Eve worries about me; it means that she cares. But with the pregnancy, I know that its not good for her or the baby if she's stressed out in any way. Which is why I didn't tell her about Odin. I told her that we were still looking for the witch; which isn't a lie.

I didn't lie. I just kept a few things out. Like the fact that I know which coven he comes from. And that I know his name and location. And that we are on our way to him. But technically, we're still looking for him. The locator spell only narrowed it down to a five-mile radius, so we still have to look in that area.

Its been a few days since we got to the Gemini Coven. We had cast the spell the same day, then left afterwords. I've spoken to Eve everyday, she informed me that Malcom and a rogue came into the castle. Apparently, they are working together, along with a witch- most likely Odin. Ryan agreed to assign more guards to the castle for my mate's protection, which slightly eased my worries.

After quickly assuring Eve that I'll be fine, I put up my mental wall. Eve and I agreed that it is better if we keep our walls up; so I can focus and I won't feel it whenever she gets nauseous. I'm okay with her mental wall being up because we can still sense each other. Her presence would just be a slight hum in the back of my mind.

Anyways, we're in the least populated state in the U.S., Wyoming. There is not a werewolf pack here, but the superiors told us that a lot of witches, who aren't in a coven, live here. Supposedly, the monuments can be used to 'harvest power.' Usually, witches in a coven get power from each other, they basically feed off of each other. In groups, witches are more powerful. But if you are a lone witch, you have to feed off of the Earth, supernatural creatures, dead beings, and apparently monuments.

That is how Odin keeps showing up everywhere. Sure, he lives pretty far away, but every witch can teleport. Its one of the first spells that you learn. Since he can do it from this far away, then the superiors guessed that he lives in a cemetery. There's only about 15 cemeteries in the area where the locator spell determined, so we plan on just going cemetery to cemetery.

Carlos stopped the car at the first cemetery. Unfortunately, its about 9:00 p.m., so its pretty dark out. We can still see with our advanced eye-sight, but that doesn't make it less creepy.

"This is so creepy" Taylor whispered, thinking the same thing as me. She shuddered while glancing around at the gravestones. Taylor is the only girl here. She's not the best fighter; but she's an amazing tracker, plus she runs pretty fast. So if we have to chase someone, she can be tracking and running at the same time, making the whole process extremely faster. "Its like one of those horror movies. And the people watching are all like 'don't go into the cemetery,' but then we go into the cemetery. And we all die" she quickly ranted.

Carlos chuckled. "The girls always die first" he informed her.

I rolled my eyes at the both of them, but stopped moving to watch them bicker. "Well, if the murderer was smart, then he would take out the guys first" Taylor stated.

"How do you know that the killer is a dude? Females are psycho" he retorted. Shouldn't have said that.

"Oh. I'm so gonna tell that to your mate once you find her" she warned.

Carlos paled and tried to save himself. "I'm just trying not to be sexist. I'm just saying that there are a lot of female killers, not just male killers" he said slowly.

"That doesn't change that fact that you just said 'females are psycho.'" Taylor pointed out. I pursed my lips together to hold in my laugh. "But if you buy me Taco Bell, then maybe I'll forget this ever happened" she bribed.