Chapter Forty-Four

Genevieve

I'm pregnant. There is another werewolf growing inside of me. It's gonna be a mini-Asher or a mini-Eve. I'm absolutely ecstatic. Most people would think that having a baby at 18 would ruin your life. But to me, it feels like I'm just starting my life. I'm actually extremely happy about my baby. Except for of course the stupid witch ass-holes. And Malcom. God, I wanna punch that guy in the face.

Anyways, right now, Asher is laying on my stomach. Well, at least his head is laying on my stomach. We both fell asleep last night, and he refused to sleep on the bed for fear of 'squishing our baby.' I reached down and ran my hand through his soft hair. Damn, I missed him.

Dr. Nale came into the room and Asher jolted awake. "Hello. Alpha, Luna" he said, nodding to both of us. Asher yawned and rubbed the sleep out of his eyes. "How are you feeling?" the doctor asked me.

I shrugged. "Okay, I guess" I'm not nauseous anymore. I actually feel refreshed. Its probably because Asher is back. Mates have that effect on each other.

"That's good. I'm going to go over what happened since we didn't get the chance yesterday" he informed me. I nodded, allowing him to continue. "Well, it was normal nausea for a pregnant woman. You just passed out because you weren't used to it. The pain is a lot of handle at first- especially with an Alpha/Royal baby. It would be stronger, but your body will get used to it and you shouldn't pass out again"

I nodded my head and we fell into a silence. "So, as you already know, this wasn't exactly part of our plan" Dr. Nale stated. Obviously. They were supposed to kill that fucking witch before a baby started growing inside of my body! "We need to get rid of the spell before you give birth" he told me.

Asher nodded in agreement. "We should actually be doing that right now" he said as he stood up. A frown was etched on my face. He's only been here for about 13 hours, it hasn't even been a day!

Dr. Nale chuckled, causing our heads to snap in his direction. Asher raised an eyebrow at the man. "I don't think your mate wants you to leave" he stated while nodding towards me.

I rolled my eyes. He's talking like I'm not sitting right here. "I guess we can stay a few more days" Asher stated.

'No. He has to catch that witch bitch' Ingrid informed me.

I sighed and forced the words out of my mind. "No . You guys should go" I said softly.

Asher asked the doctor to leave, and Dr. Nale silently left the room. "Look, if you're still mad at me-"

"I'm not mad" I cut Asher off. He looked skeptical, so I grabbed his hand and pulled him closer to me. When he was close enough, I put my arms around his neck and pressed our lips together. "I missed you" I whispered one we pulled away.

Asher rested his forehead on mine, and his breath fanned my face. "So you're not mad?" I nodded in confirmation. "Then why did you tell me to leave?" he asked with a frown.

I quickly pecked his lips and the frown turned into a small smile. "You guys have to catch the witch. So the sooner you leave, the more time you have" I explained. "I just want this to be over so our kid will be safe" I muttered.

He leaned over and kissed my belly that was flat, for now. "I'll do whatever it takes to keep you and our child safe" he mumbled against my skin. I started playing with his dark hair, admiring the softness of it. "I love you so fucking much" he stated, his voice thick with emotion.

Our eyes met and a smile spread across my face. "I love you too"

Asher got up and kissed my forehead, letting his lips linger for a few seconds. "I'll be back as soon as possible" he promised before leaving, again.