Epilogue

Genevieve

I turned and rolled again. For some reason, I'm so uncomfortable. I feel like something's wrong. Asher told me that I was just being paranoid since it's the first day our babies are sleeping in a different room. Well, it's not completely a different room. Our room is connected to their's, and we didn't even close the door all the way.

But I don't know why I feel like this. I just can't sleep. Sighing, I rolled over again. I accidentally elbowed Asher, causing him to wake up. He groaned and wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer to him. "Go to sleep. Everything's fine" he assured me.

I know something is wrong. Call it mother's instinct or something. "I'm just gonna check on them real quick" I decided. Sighing, Asher agreed and lifted his arm, letting me slide out of bed.

Our babies are a few days old; and yesterday, Asher and I bought things for them. We got each of them a crib. We bought wooden letters and hung their initials above their heads. We got them blankets. And they all get their own little stuffed animals.

I quickly walked into the babies' room and went up to David's blue crib. He slept peacefully, wrapped in his blue blanket. His stuffed tiger was snuggled next to him. Gardenia's crib was next. Unlike her brother, she moved around a lot. Somehow, her pink blanket was hanging on the board of her crib, but she was cuddling with her little elephant.

Softly chucking to myself, I picked up the blanket and tucked her in. Finally, I got to Audrey's crib. Surprisingly, she was awake. She was playing with her stuffed bunny. "Hi, baby" I cooed while picking Audrey up. She made squeaky noises, before she just disappeared.

My heart beat frantically in my chest. "Asher!" I shouted in a panic. I looked around for any sign of her. But I didn't see her.

Asher burst into the room, and he was staring at something behind me. I spun around and saw a silhouette of a man. "Don't worry. I'll take good care of her" he stated while caressing Audrey's face. Simultaneously, Asher and I growled. The man chuckled before disappearing.

With Audrey.

Tears streamed down my face as I fell to the ground. I heard footsteps and Asher shouting out orders. But I didn't care. Audrey was gone. My baby was gone. My mate appeared in front of me and he gently wiped my tears away. "We'll find her. We're gonna find her" he declared. I slowly nodded as he took me into his embrace.

I sobbed on his shoulder and he murmured sweet nothings into my ear. "I-I should've d-done s-some-thing" I choke out between hiccups. I should've used my powers. Why didn't I use my powers? I mentally screamed at myself.

Asher pulled away from me and grabbed my face. "This is not your fault. If we did something, he could've hurt Audrey" he said sternly. I slowly nodded, but was still angry at myself. "Come on. We have to have a meeting" he stated.

"Okay" I whispered softly. Asher took another step back, and something crumbled under his foot. He lifted up his foot and I grabbed a piece of paper off the floor.

Hello, Queen Genevieve. You and your mate killed many of my friends and my master. If you're reading this, then we've gone through plan B. Little baby Audrey Bay. She will be strong, just like we planned. Don't worry, I will return her, eventually.

Until then, you should focus on David Christopher and Gardenia Belle. Trying to find us will just be a waste of time.

Revenge is a dish best served cold.

-Anthony

I shakily handed the note to Asher as I heard David crying. I quickly wiped away my tears and picked up my baby. I placed a soft kiss on his head as I rocked him back to sleep. Asher growled before storming out the room. I heard the door slam shut, and David stirred a little.

After putting David back to sleep, I laid him down in his crib. I walked over to Audrey's crib and grabbed her stuffed bunny. I sat down, clutching the bunny to my chest. It's the only thing I have left of her. Tears streamed down my face and made little wet spots on the carpet.

I know that Anthony didn't do this alone. Obviously, he's getting help from a witch. But why would they take Audrey? Why not David or Gardenia? There has to be a reason he picked Audrey.

There had to be some sign. How did he even know all of their names? "He's been watching us" I whispered to myself. Why didn't I notice? I could've prevented this. I could've stopped him from taking her. I knew Anthony didn't die during the attack. I knew that he was working with Malcom. But I didn't do anything.

"I'm so sorry, baby" I sobbed while holding the small bunny against myself. Half an hour later, I was still sobbing when Asher came into the room. He gently picked me off the ground and laid me down in the bed. Once again, he wrapped his arms around me as I cried. "She gone, Ash" he kissed my head and pulled me closer to him.

"We'll find her. I promise. Even if it's the last thing I do"