Saya: The Lesson of the Pink Rose, 1720, France

Saya

The Lesson of the Pink Rose

1720, France

"There are more evil demons than me."

I adjusted my position on the bed, laying my cheek on my hand and staring at his face at this new, strange information.

"But you are not evil, my beauty," I whispered.

He smiled mysteriously in a sad way, and wiped a lock of my black hair away from my face.

"But you are not evil," I said a little louder.

"You must know these things now," he said softly, and wrapped his arm around my body, squeezing and bringing it closer to his warm form. My heart melted and forgot the information immediately at his comforting touch.

What he said next was more unsettling.

"I may not always be around to protect you," he said quietly now, his green eyes looking slightly away from me. It was a subtle look, but I noticed it and he knew I did.

"What are you saying, demons do not die. You told me this," I said in a hushed tone, but I could not contain my alarm in my voice.

"No, not die," he whispered. This time, his look was completely away from me, and I could tell this made him extremely uncomfortable, like he did not want to say this.

"Beauty, look at me, what are you saying? How could you ever go away from me if you do not die?" I asked, feeling a sinking feeling of doom.

"There are things..." he whispered even quieter, like his body itself was trying to stop him from saying this mysterious thing.

"What things?"

He was breathing quicker, getting nervous. I could feel his blood rushing in his veins through his hot skin. 

He grabbed me now, tightly and made a hug with our laying forms, a desperate embrace. 

"Things...that can not be explained fully. Things about the demons...that I can not explain."

A feeling creeped around my skin and fell into my heart, causing a scared, terrified feeling. 

"You said you are evil...what do you mean by that?" I whispered into his ear, my fear causing me to still.

"It is...something which I have not spoken of."

I kissed his beautiful ear and snuggled my face into his neck, suddenly feeling as a scared child and needing his everything.

He continued on, in a secretive small voice, as if he were scared someone would overhear.

"Long, long ago, there was a strange time in demon history. There were demons and there were demons, but there were no angel kinds. None like you," he said, barely audible.