Chapter 215

Miles's POV

I spot that idiot. Fuck. Of course. Why would he be here? Why the fuck would not be here? He belongs here, I'm the one that's fucking trespassing. I don't know if Madison will ever recover or if I will, or if we will, heck I don't even know what this has spiraled into.

"Fuck, fuck, fuck." I breathe, running my hand through my hair and pulling at the ends. Fuck this. I spit at the side of me, at the sidewalk right before I enter the cemetery. 

I raise my brows and then walk confidently inside, the death around this place surrounds me and I start to feel the dread of being here, wishing that I was visiting David here instead of Angela but life isn't fair; it never was. I stare up at the perfectly blue sky, the clouds, everything so perfect.

"Fuck you," I whisper, for taking someone like her and for doing that to my girl even if she won't admit she's still mine. I deserve to see Angela too, the only parental figure whoever saw me as who I really am. She understood it, she fucking got it and now she's gone.

I try to avoid Jack who's bound to be around Madison and that way I'll avoid her too. I can't do that to her to let her see me here. I watch her face, the tears and it takes everything in me not to stop this damn funeral and make sure she'll be okay, but she doesn't deserve someone like me to help her, she deserves Jace.

Everything goes by inaudibly, I don't even hear the priest talking about whatever the hell he's talking about. Why is he talking? But then again, I wouldn't know, I'm not exactly the churchgoer. After all, I'm the only one here, wearing tight black jeans with a black button-down and a black leather jacket. Angela would have approved. She got it; she got me. It was all on short notice but it still makes me separated from the rest of the crowd. Everyone seems to be on the right side while I'm leaning next to a tree, trying to understand how all of this happened, how life was so cruel. But I don't figure it out and when the coffin is sealed into the ground; I know I never will.

I spot Jack again and this time I have to approach them. Madison hasn't noticed me and I've slipped by perfectly so far but now, it's time to introduce myself. After all, I need to know where we stand, and maybe now that Jack has a girlfriend of his own, h won't mind me taking mine back.

I smile as I approach Madison, Jack, and Jack's girlfriend.

I notice Madison saying goodbye to the police officer who came to her door a few days ago and then he leaves and I approach.

"Aren't you going to introduce me to your girlfriend?" I ask Jack, smiling at Madison's surprised expression.

"I'm Rosie." The girl smiles but I ignore her.

"Or are you still trying to get Madison to be with you?" I question and Jace puts a hard face on.

Oh please, I saw the way you looked at madison, Rose's eyes or whatever the fuck her name is looked up at Jace as if her heart is being torn apart piece by piece. Even now I see the way you look at her.

"Don't you see it, Rose?" I ask, slowly turning my eyes to hers but she doesn't even look back at me, her eyes are crying as she stares at Jace who is obviously sneaking glances at Madison in between staring at me.

"Her name is Rosie and don't dare talk like that, you know it's not true!" Jace yells like the fucker he is.

"Oh, isn't it?" I chuckle.

"Isn't it though?" I lean against my car and watch as Jace fumbles, trying to find words that don't exist.

"I didn't think you'd be a liar, especially in front of your girlfriend over here, or is Madison maybe your girlfriend . . . relationships shouldn't be based on lies," I smirk, and to my surprise, Madison teary eyes step in front of me.

"But yet that's exactly what our relationship was based on, lies and secrets." She says loudly even though she's not screaming. I smirk which turns into a smile quickly as I lean closer to her, close enough to make her nervous, the way I know she likes.

"Which is exactly why we're not together anymore." I smile even more as Madison's eyes turn slightly wide at the words I've just spilled on her. She knows it's true, everyone does.

"Oh come on, Jace . . . aren't you even a little curious about Madison? I know you've loved her for like . . . um, forever now?" I laugh at the misery that is appearing on his face.

"Aren't you curious about what she looks like? You know . . . underneath all of that . . . underneath that dress." I raise a brow and I can see Jace completely stop, his cheeks flush and I try not to laugh. But it doesn't work for too long; I don't want it to work for too long.

"Miles—" Madison pressed but she doesn't have the strength or will to take it further and I'm glad.

"What?" I turn to her, dead-eyed.

"Don't you want to know how the guy really feels? After all you've wanted to marry him so desperately—"

"Is that true?" Jace turns to her and I realize that I've said something he didn't know; something she hasn't told him. Was she ever planning to tell him? Did she ever really want to? I can't help but stop and just stare at him, as his cheeks become a light pink color, drawing my eyes to her in awe and I just watch; I love watching her. I've watched her for so long now that I feel like she's still mine. I've watched her laugh, cry, get angry at me, scream my name and my favorite part of all is when she just stares back and watches me too.

"I—" Madison begins but I cut her off, I don't want her to answer that and if I had to guess, I don't think she wants to answer it either.

"What if it was Jace? I've had her first, I've taken all of the things she has wanted to give me and I can tell you there were a lot of things." I smirk and I can see the anger in his eyes rise but it doesn't mean anything he hits like a child, with his thumb inside his damn fist.

"I know you're thinking about it, you know . . . the girl that you've been in love with forever now . . . her . . . naked," I say and the anger drains from his eyes, quickly being replaced by something I've seen in my eyes too many times; love for her; for Madison.

"But I got her first . . . I took her first . . . I—" and that's exactly when I feel his child-like fist slam into my cheekbone. I feel my eyes close and when they open again everyone is gone and I stand up slowly to my feet. I approach a tree log that looks way too white, as if it'll break with the smallest touch, but thankfully it doesn't. I didn't see that coming, I didn't see that stupid small hand approaching. 

I GLARE ARE THE GRASS as if it's about to punch me too and then I quickly realize that the pain has overtaken my entire fucking face. 

I stare up and see Madison's black dress approaching, it's long and it matches her hair perfectly, I wish it didn't; not today.

"I'm sorry." Madison hands me an ice-cold towel. I look up at her with a small smile before slapping it on my dammned cheek and feeling the ice swim inside of my face, cooling everything down into numbness.

"It's okay." I finally speak, my voice coming out rusty the first time.

"I shouldn't have provoked the cunt in the first place." I smile and I hear her giggle.

"Miles!" She squeals. I know she loves it when I joke like that, I know she does.