Chapter 276

Miles's POV

"You're pregnant," I breathe, my fingers through my hair and then over my mouth as if I'm thinking, but I'm not, I know exactly how I feel, how I've felt this whole time.

I tug at my lips slightly as I stare into her eyes but they're too strong; she has known about this for a while and her eyes tell me she's wanted nothing more but to finally discuss this

Madison's POV

As we sit on the bed, I feel everything around me, I feel my heart beating, I feel the softness under me, I feel everything. I'm glad that instead of forcing me to bring up what happened with David, Miles respects me, and instead even though I know this couldn't be more difficult for him, he wanted to bring up the baby that will now be permanently in our lives.

I don't know what to say, I don't know what I want to say or how to even begin, I'm too surprised that Miles even wants to be here, facing me and this difficult situation we never thought we'd be in, but suddenly his lips part and his fingers move away from his lips.

"I want to keep it," his words surprise me, and I try my best not to stare wide-eyed at him. I know Miles, I've known him better than I've ever known anyone before despite only having been with him for such a short time. But we've never discussed this topic and I never put thought into what he would say if this were to happen.

A smile instantly covers my face and I can't help but feel happiness rush through me.

"You didn't think about, um . . . uh--" I can't get the word out but the way he looks at me, tells me he understands me.

"No." he simply says

"I want to protect everything that belongs to me, Madison, including you. Mostly you," he says softly and firmly, as if this is the only thing, if anything, that will forever be true.

"I thought about it . . . I--I've changed somehow and I didn't know how until it . . . until it happened, that's when I knew that maybe a small part of me wanted this and was okay with this the moment I laid my eyes on you." He runs his fingers through his hair again and I'm mesmerized by the dark eyes under his hair that look so perfect. Something in his eyes did change and I noticed it when I fell asleep in the Porsche on our way to David and Sandra's house.

Miles's POV

Even though I know I want this with her, it's difficult to say the words out loud, it's difficult to voice what I've hidden in me for so long because I was never supposed to want this.

My hand travels slowly to hers and it's as if she can read my mind, she knows how difficult this is for me, but somehow it also feels easy to let it out into the open.

"How, uh, how far along are you?" the words taste different in my mouth but they make me want to work twice as hard for her and that baby.

"Two weeks," she tells me, her voice soft and I can't help but smile at her.

"it's, um it's in here," I say sounding like a fucking idiot when I touch her stomach slowly, my fingers going over her now puffier stomach than I remember, how the hell didn't I realize? the getting sick and the slightly puffy stomach, it's so minor, but it's there. And Madison knows I sounded like a fool because she giggles, oh god it's so good to hear her laugh, after everything she's gone through because of me.

My fingers rest on her stomach and I can't help but think about just how our life is going to change, but I want nothing more than for it to change.

"We're still so young, I'm barely twenty-one and you're . . . twenty which is so young, but I want this baby, Madison, I want it with you, even if our life has to change," he says, his eyes slightly squinting in seriousness as he doesn't quite know what to so with his lips.

"But are you sure? I don't want you to regret—" I stop

"I'll love you for the rest of my life just like I'll love that baby."

Miles's POV

She reaches her hand to me and places it softly on mine, her short nails and thin fingers warm on mine.

"Okay," her words to me are perfect, as if now somehow we both finally know that this is exactly what we want.