Chapter 294

Miles's POV

My eyes open when I hear something trying to get from under my arms; Madison.

I know I haven't had a lot of sleep because my eyes feel heavy and I could fall asleep in an instant but instead my eyes stay on her perfect body as she tries to get out of the bed.

Her legs are bare which is not the way I left her in bed last night but with the heat emanating from the both of us under the covers, I wouldn't be surprised if she took her pants off unconsciously while sleeping.

"Where are you going?" I ask, reaching my hand out even though I'm far from touching her. My voice comes out much raspier than I thought and it's as if I'm half asleep.

My hazel eyes wait to meet her hazel touch and when she turns around she gets stiff as if she's embarrassed about waking up which makes me check the clock by my nightstand.

"It's five am." She tells me embarrassingly and I groan.

Fuck. I can't do this so early.

My palms start to sweat and I don't want to deal with this right now. My mind has already been nothing but clouds that I cant read through for the last week.

"I couldn't sleep," she mumbles and my head goes back to her falling asleep in the car at least four hours before we both fell asleep.

I'm not going to leave her awake all alone, I need to make breakfast for her and help take care of her, because even though she's long passed her stress period when her doctor told her she'd need a lot of rest, I still feel terrible about it. And despite what Madison will say, I know the stress she felt was because of being with me, I know that she had too simple of a life before me, and being with me shook everything up to the point she couldn't handle even if it was only for a short period of time.

And I know that the thought of giving birth and being on time at the hospital and the pain she's going to have to go through scares her, even if she tries her hardest not to focus on it and I want to be there for her; I'm going to be there for her throughout everything.

"I'll be right there," I tell her and she nods before slowly heading down the stairs.

Madison's POV

I hear the shower water run and I can't help but just listen to it and stare out the Santa Monica pier in front of me.

I'm surprised that the place Miles found for us is on top of a small hill, overlooking the beach with large windows in the kitchen that make you want to grab a cup of coffee and never leave this place.

I managed to brush my teeth, comb my hair and get into a quick shower before Miles woke up and I'm thankful that my hair feels so clean after the long trip yesterday.

I feel refreshed even though my eyes are slightly tired but just staring at the empty beach and pier while the sun slowly rises behind it is so magical.

I hear Miles's footsteps coming down the small stairs and I turn back, he's tubbing his hands together, barefoot wearing black jeans and a white button-down.

He smiles before parting his lips," I want to take you on a beach date," he says and my stomach flutters at the words.

He approaches me, his hand on my lower back, and then he whispers into my ear, "get dressed, and I'll pick you up in half an hour," I nod, my fingers resting on his shoulders before I give him a small kiss on the cheek which makes a smile cross his face before I head up the few stairs that lead to the upstairs bathroom.