Chapter 279

Miles's POV

Great. Great. Great.

Fucking great. I spit on the perfect grass below my shoes, being wrecked by the pitch-black that doesn't care about anything; and definitely not weddings. I won't even marry my own girl, why the hell would I even be here?

My eyes scan the venue for any possible alcohol or anything that resembles it and with my luck, a tall fountain made out of champagne glasses with pink liquid, rest so perfectly; so fragile.

I grab the top one, ruining the pyramid, but possibly saving everyone at this wedding from myself, something to ruin, be it small or big, somehow eases the pain of everything I've done before. 

no matter how much time passes, I can never forgive myself; I never will because I know that if I do ever forgive myself, I'll be able to forget and that way . . . do something again.

The grass is perfectly green all around what I assume is Jace's house, I still haven't seen either of them. Guests are walking all around, with fancy glasses in their hands, speaking and talking to one another, wearing something that doesn't feel to be something they can afford. And I can only assume it's all rented out, ready to be returned after this.

I feel a hand on my shoulder and slowly turn around.

Madison's POV

I spot a bathroom and quickly run in with the dress and heels Miles promised me not to forget. I don't know how I managed to leave the Porsche or how I can function with this many feelings in me, begging me for something I don't know if is right. I wasn't to cry, bawl my eyes out and blame Miles for the way he is, but I don't know why exactly that will help. I somehow imagined this going differently but I know I can't stay mad at him. This time, it is my fault whether I want to blame someone else for it or not.

With this baby growing inside of me, I want to take responsibility because I know that sooner or later we will have to mature, I don't know how long it will take but I want to start right now. 

I take a deep breath, trying to steady myself as the rush of adrenaline and butterflies is growing inside me with the rising stress.

I slip into the light silk white and peach-colored long dress and the white heels that follow. My hair is dark as it rests on my chest, I quickly pull it back, adding a few hair clips with pearls on them, trying my hair into a long and loose flow of hair in the back while the front is fully secured with only a strand of hair on each side covering my face.

I take a few steady breaths, trying to find where I placed my phone only to realize it's back at the Porsche. I don't know how much time I have or when the ceremony begins but I have a feeling I don't have long. I don't want to miss any of it.

I gulp down the anxiety rising in my throat, somehow butterflies, nerves, and knowing that the baby is controlling when I have moments without getting sick is all too much and I feel as though if I don't steady myself and take a few breaths, I'll have to skip the whole wedding.

I place my hands on the sink, gripping it tightly, thankful that Jace's grandpa's shed is being used for something beautiful for the wedding; a cream-colored dressing place for guests when they need last-minute breaths alone.

I stare at myself in the mirror for a second and then two and then before I know it, I feel sick.

Miles's POV

"Lace," I speak at the brown eyes I remember too well. But the way she's dressed is unlike her, she almost looks like a brand new person but the memories I have of her will never make her anything close to a lady in my mind.