Chapter 275

Miles's POV

The wind and rain flood over us as I carry Madison in her towel and my Jacket to Pamela's house, it's the only thing that made sense, I didn't want to drive too far and since she's Practically David's ten minute neighbor, I figured the only thing that made sense was to come here.

I knock on the door before opening it, Pamela rushing to my side, her eyes wide as she stares at Madison.

"I was hoping we could stay here," I breathe and she nods, "Yeah, yeah, that's fine," She says franticly. I didn't know how she'd react but this was the last thing I expected.

I walk with Madison up the stairs and into the master bedroom, somehow placing her downstairs feels too difficult.

I'm glad she's asleep, she doesn't need more of this bullshit tonight.

I pull up Bill's phone number in my phone, thankful that Madison typed it in there since it was the only connection to her dad she had and still has and I run downstairs, I'm not sure where Pamela is but because it's so late, I decide not to bother with anything else. I don't know why the hell I'm calling Ohio but it's the only person I can think of who will understand that Madison is the most important person in the world to me.

"Hello?" I hear from the receiver.

"Bill?" I ask to make sure and I hear a small calm 'yes' from the line.

"I'm Miles, Madison's, uh, boyfriend," I tell him and he instantly greets me differently but I stop him, "I have a situation on my hands, David . . . my father sexually harassed her--" I explain, the difficulty in my voice more obvious than anything else in this phone call.

"I see," Bill's voice is heartbroken, his tone has even changed.

"I, uhm, I think I fractured his skull, some, um, I . . . I really did a number on my dad," I say for some reason, to let it sink in just how fucked up my life has been up until this point, but now I know I don't want to hurt anymore, not with my girl back in my arms and a brand new baby on the way.

"I'll make sure to take care of it, you have nothing to worry about," Bill says to my surprise and I nod even though I know he won't be able to see me.

"Thank you." I tell him before Bill gives me an 'it's the least I can do' and ends the call.

"Oh god," I hear my mother's voice, and her steps come closer until she's almost right beside me.

"He did it to her too, didn't he?" she says as if she's about to break down. I stand up to my feet and to my surprise, notice tears on her face, without a thought, my arms wrap themselves around her and I find that she rests her head on my chest, sobbing into my shirt.

"Why did you never tell me?" I ask her, my voice short and raspy.

"I never wanted you to hurt the way I did . . . but I realize that it only made everything worse--I only got worse because I never told anyone, and oh god I've treated you and Madison horribly, I've done horrible things," she cries.

"I can't believe myself," the tears fall down her cheeks and I bite my lip, I don't know what to do, but somehow my instinct ends up being to hold her in my arms as we're now somehow sitting on the bed, holding one another.

"How long was this going on for?" I ask, my voice dry, I don't know if I even want the answer but something in me needs to know, being kept in the dark my whole life was never the answer she thought it was.

"Since before you were born," her voice is small and my fists clench.

"Oh, Miles, I'm so sorry," She breathes falling tears.

MY MOM'S EYES ARE CLOSED AS I HOLD HER into the bedroom, placing her head on a pillow and throwing a blanket over her, thankful that her tears have finally stopped.

I take my shirt off and throw it in the corner of the room, I need to find something that isn't filled with Madison's and my mother's pain.

Although I don't see my mother ever being able to find someone, she's hurt, she's broken and it seems that it's beyond repair, it's been kept inside her for so long that it has made her crazy and this is the start of her long journey to recovery if she'll decide to take it.

I enter the master bedroom, hoping I've somehow left something behind, but when the hell do I ever visit? Damnit.

I walk into the bathroom and go through the laundry that Pamela seems to have never gotten too but it's not until I surprisingly go over the clean clothes, that I find one black t-shirt.

"Miles?" I hear Madison's soft voice and when I turn around she's wearing pajama pants, and an open black top, showing her shoulders and arms and her neck and a small part of her chest.

"Madison," I speak. I taker her hand instantly and lead her to the master bedroom three steps away from where we are right now.

Pamela is asleep in one of the other bedrooms which I'm not sure why she even has.

I close the door softly behind us.

"We need to talk," I tell her and she nods.

"Yeah," she breathes.

The Perfect Storm 3जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें