Chapter 1

Haley woke up laying in her grandparents house in Florida. She groaned from the lack of sleep. She has always wanted to be a youtuber but she wasn't really granted with money like most people in the town she lived in so she had to work hard for it everyday. She wakes up early every morning gets ready and goes to work at the Correctional Facility with her uncle and his fiancée. At night though, she would stay up till late hours streaming on twitch, talking to people around the world and playing video games. The only thing she has ever wanted to do ever since she knew what the internet was. "Haley honey" her grandmother yelled from the bottom of her steps, "yes" she called down leaning up so her grandmother would see she was awake. "Oh good. You're already up. I need you to hurry and get up and help with the house before you go to work today" she smiled as haley nodded stretching her limbs. Haley slept in a very small room, next to the attic of her grandparents house.

"Haley, haley, haley, haley,haleyyyyyyy" she heard as she looked at the stairs seeing her 16 year old sister racing up them than flopping onto her bed, right behind her was haley's dog Tara. Tara jumped onto the bed, flopping her head onto haley's leg as she laid next to her as haley ran her fingers down the dogs back. "What's Caity" haley smiled at the her sisters nickname. "Stop calling me that. Anyways, uhm, you wanna fix me food" Caitlyn asked smiling wide for her sister. "Do I wanna fix you food? I gotta help clean and go to work soon" haley raised a brow. "Well gma went to work, so you can fix me food and I'll do my chores and your chores before she gets home" haley smiled as she sighed looking at the time, yawning again she nodded agreeing with Caitlyn she would make her food. Haley got up and got dressed for work, and went down the steps, following her was Caitlyn and Tara. "Before you sit down go ask papa if he wants me to fix him anything" haley said as Caitlyn was mid-way going to sit down than sighed dramatically as she flopped into the chair. "Oops I twisted my ankle. I don't think I can" the child smiled up at a frustrated haley. "Sure" haley sighed as she walked to Caitlyn's room, which was also shared with my grandparents as an office for there work. "Hey papa" she said leaning in the door frame. No shoes are allowed in these bedrooms once they got new carpet in them. "Yes" her grandfather took his glasses off looking at her. As his dog shot up from its bed next to him panting "Uhm would you like anything to eat. Caitlyn wants me to fix her food so I'm asking if you'd like anything" haley smiled as her grandfather went to stand up. "No, honey let me fix y'all something, you've been working and working and doing your school work all night upstairs I'm sure you are exhausted. Let me cook for you" he said grabbing cup of tea. "No, grandpa. I'm fine. I'm not hungry. Caitlyn is, and in return Caitlyn is gonna do my chores. Now would you like anything to drink. Maybe a refill on your tea" haley asked as her grandfather sighed sitting back down in his chair. "I would love a refill. But send your sister in here to get it for me" he said as she nodded leaving the area.

"Caitlyn what do you want to eat" she said walking back into the kitchen. "Uhm I want a waffle" as haley nodded. "What does papa want" Caitlyn asked as haley smiled. "You to go get his cup and get him another cup of tea" haley said as the 16 year old groaned as she stood up going into office.

Haley sighed as she started the waffle batter,letting the waffle maker heat up. Haley shook her head at what her grandfather said. 'You've been working and working and doing your school work all night' her school work, everyone in the house thinks she's in college but really she stays up playing video games.

The waffle maker beeped as haley threw the waffles onto a plate, Caitlyn usually only eats two, so that how much haley made, enough for two, put the brown in the sink and went and grabbed her work bag, makes sure her medicine was in it just in case the prisoners gave her a headache. She had a protein shake in the fridge as she went to go rush and get it, and saw a container of Chinese food in here, haley's favorite, shrimp lo mein. "Oh yeah we had Chinese for dinner last night and papa said he knows you like that, even though you're allergic, so he got you shrimp lo- whatever and beef and broccoli. Whatever you don't take he will eat for lunch today" Caitlyn said as haley sighed. Haley really like shrimp but she can't eat a lot or her throat will close, but she doesn't really care for beef and broccoli and neither does her grandfather, she sighed as she grabbed another container, she put half of her beef and broccoli in it, and some of the shrimp lo mein, making sure to pick some of the shrimp out. As she closed it and amstuff it into her bag, she also grabbed a bottle of water, putting it in her bag along with some ritz crackers, she zipped her bag up as Caitlyn hugged her. "Be safe at work okay" she said as haley smiled. "I'll be fine Caitlyn. Make sure to get the stuff done" she said rubbing Caitlyn's back. "I always do" she said backing away from haley as haley smiled. She walked towards the front door stopping at the office. "I'm leaving for work. I'll see you guys later okay" she said as her grandfather nodded. "Alright you be safe and remember, you have the right to beat the shit out of those inmates if they try anything" her grandfather said putting up some Kung fu moves as haley chuckled. "I'll remember that. Thank you" she laughed grabbed her car keys as she raced out the door going towards her 1997 Toyota Camry. That she hates with a passion and has to wait a little bit longer before she can get the truck she wants.

~~~~~

Haley arrived to the prison, clocking in, the guards checking her bag making sure it's all legit. "How are you today" the first officer smiled. "I'm good how about y'all" she smiled. "We're doing just dandy" they both smiled. "And what about the idiots we will be watching, they calm this morning" haley asked as they shrugged. "We had two gangs go at it early this morning at med but it's overall been pretty calm" the second one smiled. "Cool, thank you guys" haley smiled as she grabbed her bag and walked towards her Sargent. "Ah. You're here early" her Sargent smiled. "Well. Gotta make impressions" haley smiled. "Haley you've been here for a year, you don't have to keep showing up early everyday to make an impression." She smiled as haley nodded. "Yes ma'am I will remember that" she nodded as she nodded. "Today, I'm gonna have you in the box, sorting out paperwork. We got a new girl up there and she doesn't seem to be understanding it so maybe you can help her" she said as haley nodded. "Of course. Thank you" Haley smiled as she raced up the stairs into the box and saw a girl she never met crying over the paperwork. Haley sighed as she set her dinner in the fridge and grabbed her protein shake and sitting next to the girl. "Calm down. We're gonna do this together" haley said nudging the girl. Haley isn't really good with people who show emotion like this. Scares her alittle but. Haley slide a box of tissues towards her as she quickly grabbed the box wiping her nose and stuff as haley shifted through the paperwork.