14 | please don't kill her! she's my friend

Y/n walked out of the changing room after finally removing the cheerleader uniform and having put back on her own track clothes. She had Bakugo's jacket in her arms as she walked around, looking for him so she can return it.

It didn't take long for her to find him, questioningly staring at a wall. She rose an eyebrow before tapping his shoulder. Bakugo turned towards her and quirked his own eyerbrow, staring her down.

''Just wanted to return your jacket. Thanks for letting me borrow it,'' Y/n spoke as she handed it to him.

''No problem.'' Bakugo nodded, oddly calm. He took it and put it on again, leaving it unzipped.

Y/n sat down on the ground, leaning on the wall. In all honesty, she was expecting Bakugo to leave, even though he'd come here first. He didn't, though, opting to lean on the wall next to her instead.

''Who do you think will win?'' Y/n spoke, not looking up at Bakugo.

''Me, of course,'' Bakugo scoffed, wondering why she's even asking him that. ''Who do you think will win?''

''Either you or Todoroki, to be honest,'' Y/n confessed. Bakugo furrowed his eyebrows as he looked down at her. ''Midoriya would've been a potential winner, but he doesn't have control over his Quirk.''

''You don't think you can win?'' Bakugo asked, looking down at her.

Y/n shrugged. ''I think I have potential, but I don't know if I can actually beat you or Todoroki in an actual fight.''

Bakugo said nothing as he nodded, then simply walked away.

———

For a change, Y/n decided to sit with someone else. She smiled at Mina and Hagakure as she took the free seat on Mina's left. She still had some time until her own match, which was the third one, so she had to sit in the strands along with her friends.

''I see you've changed your attire,'' Mina commented as Y/n seated herself next to her.

''Oh yeah! Why were you wearing Bakugo's jacket?'' Hagakure piped in. ''I'm surprised he even gave it to you!''

''He offered it to me, so I took it,'' Y/n shrugged. ''Had to suffer less, thanks to him.''

''He offered you his jacket?'' Hagakure asked.

''Are you sure it wasn't Kirishima's?'' Mina added.

Y/n rolled her eyes. ''Yes, I'm pretty sure. He's mean, sure, but he isn't that bad. Besides, we're friends.'' The two girls were surprised that Y/n considered Bakugo a friend, though she did hang around him and Kirishima quite a lot, so maybe they shouldn't be that surprised?

Deku won his match against Shinsou from class C, but just barely. After Todoroki and Sero were called to the stage Y/n got up, going to start getting ready for her own match.

''Hey, Speedy.'' She turned towards the familiar nickname, seeing Bakugo and Kirishima looking at her. ''Good luck.''

''Good luck, L/n!'' Kirishima gave her exited thumbs up.

Y/n gave them a big smile and nodded, then turned around to be met with no other than Aoyama himself. ''I'm already sorry for your loss, mon amie.''

The girl scoffed and rolled her eyes at him, pushing to go past him. ''Yeah. I'm sorry, too, Aoyama.''

To be honest, she wasn't that nervous. She believed that she can beat Aoyama. She knew she was stronger than him.

''We're gonna keep right on going with the fifth match! Even though he's wearing a belt, he won't transform! From the hero course, it's Yuga Aoyama!'' President Mic announced as Aoyama posed for the cameras. ''Versus the fastest person at UA currently, L/n Y/n, also from the hero course!'' Y/n, unlike Aoyama, stretched before the match.

''Let's get this done and over with already,'' Y/n spoke, putting her hands on her side.

''Yeah, madmoiselle, though do not be sorry when I beat you!'' Aoyama spoke confidently.

''Y/n, you can do it!'' Tsuyu spoke from the strands, even though she knew the girl couldn't hear her.

''AOYAMA, GET HER!'' Mineta yelled out, causing the remaining of the class to look at him. ''BEAT HER LIKE IN THOSE FIGHTING GAMES WHERE THEIR CLOTHES GET RIPPED OFF!''

''Oi, Ballhead, shut the fuck up,'' Bakugo spoke as he turned around, giving his classmate one of his meanest glares. Mineta shivered and sat down, his eyes cast on the ground.

''A match between L/n and Aoyama,'' Midoriya spoke as he observed his notes on both his classmates. ''Aoyama will probably attack from long distance with his laser, while Y/n would be better in close distance. Y/n is fast so she'll be able to get away from his lasers.''

''It's obvious Y/n is gonna win, she has better technique than Aoyama and is way faster than him,'' Sero, who's heard Midoriya's mumbling, commented.

''Now, why don't we get moving? Fifth match, begin!''

Y/n wasted no time in activating her Quirk, unlike Aoyama. Everything stopped, giving Y/n the opportunity to pick up Aoyama, who's laser was already coming out of his belly button, and bringing him just over the border line. Leaving him there, she went back to her original spot, deactivating her Quirk.

The stadium was dead silent, staring at the girl that was simply looking at her nails and the boy that had tripped and fallen down the stairs. The laser he'd sent flew right past Y/n and hit the arena wall, creating a hole in it.

''L/n . . . wins?'' President Mic spoke and it took a few seconds before the crowd got over the shock of how fast everything happened, cheering for the victorious girl. Y/n beamed, enjoying the attention, though she'd never admit it - she didn't want to come across narcissistic, after all. ''That was simply incredible! I knew L/n was fast, but damn!''

Y/n looked at the sulking Aoyama, who'd gotten up by now. She went over to him, extending her hand out for him to shake. Aoyama did so, though he still seemed sad about his loss. The two then parted ways, each of them going back to the exit they came from.

''Good job, L/n!'' Kirishima spoke as Y/n made it back to her classmates, this time opting to sit on Bakugo's other side. ''The match ended way faster than I thought!''

''Thanks!'' Y/n beamed.

''Tch, it was obvious you're gonna win anyway.'' Y/n's eyes widened, then she smiled. That was basically in indirect compliment in her books.

Tokoyami won his match against Yaoyorzu, which determined Y/n's next opponent. After them it was Kirishima and Tetsutetsu, which was an interesting match, considering they practically had the same Quirk. During the match, Bakugo had stood up, causing Y/n to look at him.

''Are you heading to the waiting room?'' she asked as he passed her.

''Yes.''

''Good luck, then.'' Y/n gave him a smile.

''I don't need luck.''

''Yeah, I know.''

Bakugo rose an eyebrow as he looked at her, but brushed it off, simply giving the girl a nod and walking away. Despite the nonchalance, he didn't mind her cheering him on.

Y/n on the other hand, wasn't worried about him — sure, she believed in Uraraka and knew the girl was strong, but Bakugo had both an extremely powerful Quirk and amazing technique. If Uraraka didn't have some crazy amazing plan, Y/n doubted she could actually beat Bakugo.

But then again, never say never.

Kirishima and Tetsutetsu knocked each other out, so they would have another match after both of them are awake to determine who'd won. Y/n was worried about her friend, but she wanted to watch Bakugo's fight. She'd go see Kirishima after that.

''The eight and the last match of the first round! He was kind of famous in middle school! From the hero course, Bakugo Katsuki! Versus — she's the one I'm rooting for! From the hero course, it's Uraraka Ochaco!''

Y/n looked between the two, curious as to how exactly this one will turn out.

''Eight match, start!''