17 | lord explosion murder? it's no good

After the Sports Festival, the students were given a few days to rest and recover from their injuries. Y/n had done almost nothing during that time, maybe occasionally playing with her brother or meeting with Mina.

Today, though, she was supposed to go back to school, so there she was, walking down the street with a hood over her head to protect her from the rain. She was early, so she was taking her time, enjoying the music blasting in her earbuds. The street she was on wasn't busy, just the ocassional car passing by. There were no people, aside from a guy on the opposite street. Y/n looked at him and immediately recognized his blond hair under the orange umbrella.

''Bakugo!'' she yelled out, but he either didn't hear her or ignored her. Removing her earbuds and checking for any coming cars, she crossed the street in a jog and fell in step with Bakugo, tapping his shoulder. The boy looked up and at her, a scowl on his face.

''What do you want, Speedy?'' he asked, removing one of his earbuds.

''No 'good morning' or anything? I'm hurt,'' Y/n said, putting a hand over her heart, causing Bakugo to roll his eyes. ''Anyway, why're you heading to school so early?''

''Wanted to get out of the house quicker,'' Bakugo answered.

''Oh. Yeah, me too,'' Y/n said.

''Don't you have a fucking umbrella or something?'' Bakugo asked, eyeing her drenched jacket. ''You're gonna get a cold, dumbass.'' He got closer to her, sharing his umbrella with her.

''Awe, you care about my well being. Thanks, Bakugo,'' Y/n spoke with a teasing smile, whilst Bakugo just scoffed, as usual.

The two fell in silence and Y/n oggled Bakugo's hanging earbud. She wondered what music the explosive blond listened to. Was it metal? Rock? What if it was J-Pop? Or K-Pop? American music?

''Hey, Speedy, do you want go to the supermarket? We have time to spare,'' Bakugo suggested and Y/n looked up and to their left, seeing that they were passing a supermarket.

''Yeah, sure,'' Y/n said and the two headed inside. Each of them grabbed a drink they like and some snack, then headed to the cashier. Y/n was talking while Bakugo just listened, seemingly disintersted, as they stood in line.

''Hey, aren't you L/n and Bakugo from UA?''

Both students looked away from each other and toward the source of the words. There stood a middle aged man, staring at them. He'd grabbed the attention of the nearby shoppers and now they were looking at them as well.

''You did so well in the Sports Festival!''

''Your Quirks are so cool!''

''L/n you're so pretty, please give me your number!''

Comments flew at the two students from each direction. Bakugo growled in annoyance and pushed all of their purchases closer to the cashier. He paid quickly and grabbed them, then grabbed Y/n's wrist and tugged her out of the store. He heard her let out a relieved sigh once they were out of earshot.

''That was overwhelming,'' she said and then her eyes widened. ''Wait, I didn't buy my things-''

''They're here, idiot,'' Bakugo said and handed her her drink and snack, then opened his umbrella again. Y/n looked at him in surprise. ''Why the fuck are you looking at me like that?''

She shook her head and smiled. ''No reason. Thanks, how much were they? I'll pay you back.''

''It's fine, forget about it,'' Bakugo said and started walking ahead.

''I'm gonna pay next time, then,'' Y/n said as she caught up to him, standing under the umbrella again.

''Whatever you say.''