50 | katsuki demands to know my locaton so he can stalk me (aww he's worried)

She gasped for air as she felt herself gain back consciousness. She quickly sat up, sheets pooling at her waist. Something was beeping loudly and quickly in the background. She frantically looked around, her hands moving all over her body.

Where the hell am I? What happened? Did that Quirk bullet hit me? Is my Quirk gone?

''Y/n, you're awake!''

Her head snapped to her left, seeing a heavily bandaged Kirishima trying to eat. Her chest started slowing down at her hands clutched at her shirt — gown? — tightly.

''Kirishima?'' she asked, her eyes finally taking in the room properly. She blinked a few times. ''We're . . . in a hospital?''

''Yeah! Mission's over,'' Kirishima said as he finally put his fork down and tried to turn to her as best as he could. ''You slept for a while there. Eri's safe! Bad guys got captured!''

''What?'' Y/n asked breathlessly, her eyes wide. ''How long was I asleep for?''

''Maybe a day and a half.'' Y/n's eyes widened at his words. ''From what they told me, you did that thing where you create a big explosion with your Quirk and were found in the middle for it. There was another villain there, but he was passed out and quite hurt. He's not dead, though, so don't worry about that.''

Y/n stared at the ground as she processed his words, then her heart quickened again. ''Kirishima — that guy, he was going to shoot me with those Quirk bullets. Did he—?'' She gulped. She couldn't even say the words out loud. ''Did he—''

''Mr. Aizawa said they found him with a bullet sticking out of his shoulder,'' Kirishima said. ''That must've been it.''

Y/n's hands were shaking, though out of anxiety this time. Closing her eyes, she activated her Quirk. The usual tingling feeling spread through her body and as she opened her eyes again, Kirishima was barely moving.

I still have my Quirk.

Relief flooded through her body as she turned it off. Kirishima started moving in normal speed again, but Y/n paid him no mind as the exhaustion caught up to her. She allowed herself to drop down on the bed, the pillow cushioning her fall.

They sat in silence for a while. Y/n's gaze was stuck on the ceiling, while Kirishima continued attempting to eat his food.

A phone buzzed. Y/n ignored it. When it buzzed again, she looked to her bedside table, seeing her phone. She furrowed her eyebrows as she checked her notifications. A spam of messages from her parents, Mina and Bakugo flooded in immediately.

"Oh, right! I forgot to tell you," Kirishima suddenly spoke and Y/n looked at him. "Bakugo called earlier, but I told him you were still unconscious. He sounded really worried, maybe you should call him. But I don't think we're allowed to tell the others where we are. Aizawa's orders."

Y/n bit the inside of her cheek, thanked Kirishima and ignored all the messages. Opening her phone, she decided to call her parents first, to let them know she was okay. During her mother's worried screech, a nurse came to pick up Kirishima for a screening, leaving her alone in the room.

"Mom, I'm okay, I promise. I just overused my Quirk, really," Y/n said. She didn't want to mention she overused it because she was tricked and thought Kai was in danger.

"Be more careful next time." Y/n heard her mother sigh over the phone. "I'll get a heart attack because of you one day. Get well soon and take some rest. Come visit us when you have time."

"I will," Y/n said, a small smile on her face. She knew her mother wasn't exactly fond of her career choice, but nevertheless, Y/n was sure she would support her no matter what.

"And bring Bakugo with you, okay? Kai says he wants to hang out with him and your father and I would love to—"

"Um! Mom, you're cutting off!" Y/n started making weird noises with her mouth, not wanting to hear the words 'meet him'. She wasn't ready for that yet. "Sorry! I have to go!"

She ended the call, sighing in relief. Though as she looked down at her call log, she noticed the multiple missed calls from Bakugo himself. She smiled to herself at the amount of calls she'd received since the day before.

She tapped on his contact. She heard the first beep and by the time her phone was by her ear, the call was accepted.

"Which hospital?"

Y/n blinked in surprise at his gruff voice. "What?"

"Which hospital are you at?"

Y/n tried to bite back her growing smile. "Kirishima said I'm not allowed to tell you."

"Damn Shitty Hair!" She heard him shuffle on the other side. "Share me your location then. I'll be there in ten minutes."

"That's basically the same as telling you!" Y/n argued and laid back down on her bed, keeping her phone on her ear. "Just stay at the dorms. No need to get in trouble over nothing."

"Tch. Whatever." There was a pause. She could hear his breathing from the other side. "How are you feeling?"

Y/n turned on her side, her eyes falling on the tree branch in front of the window. "I'm fine now. I woke up about half an hour ago."

A grunt. "What happened?"

Y/n wasn't sure if she was allowed to, but she assumed since now the mission was over, it was okay to share at least her own experience with Bakugo.

She explained how she'd gotten separated from everyone early on, how she'd captured the villain, only for him to end up fucking up her mind. Chasing after Kai's voice, getting lost, the encounter with the villain.

"I figured out a new way to use my Quirk," Y/n said, then explained her Sonic Scream, about the bleeding from her ears. Then about how she'd almost lost her Quirk.

Bakugo was silent. The more Y/n talked, however, the more she realized just how useless she'd been during the whole battle. Why was I even there again?

"And then I passed out," Y/n finished the story, the tree brach out of the window blurry now. Her eyes had unfocused during her talk and she was too distraught now to focus them again.

"I'm . . . glad that you're okay, Speedy." Bakugo said suddenly, his voice quiet and soft. "That shit sounds scary. The Quirk bullets."

"Yeah," Y/n whispered back.

Why was I there? Only to get lost and then knock myself out? I didn't contribute to the mission at all.

"Speedy? You there?"

"Yeah." Y/n quickly said and cleared her throat. "Hey, uh, Katsuki, can I call you later?"

"Are you okay? Should I come to the hospital?"

"I'm fine. I just still feel a little light-headed." She felt bad for lying, but she needed a moment with her thoughts. "I'll just take a nap."

"Fine. Text me when you wake up so I know you're not dead."

He'd meant it as a joke, of course. But not too long ago that had been a possibility. Or even worse, she might've lost her Quirk.

"I will," Y/n tried to laugh. It was funny hearing Bakugo sound so concerned and caring. A nice weird. "Be on standby for when I call you."

"Shut up."

He'd ended the call, but judging by the fact it had taken him less than a second to answer her call, Y/n was pretty sure he was, in fact, on standby.

Or maybe she'd hit her head too hard. Who knows.