28 | playing in the mud

''UA High has finished its first semester and started summer vacation. However . . . Those of you trying to be heroes will not receive days of rest. At this summer training camp, we'll have you aiming for even greater hights - for 'Plus Ultra'.''

''I can't believe we're finally going!'' Y/n exclaimed as she turned to face Bakugo and Kirishima. ''How're we gonna sit in the bus, though?''

''I promised Kaminari I'd sit with him, sorry,'' Kirishima said.

''Oh, then maybe I can sit with Mina or something.''

''No, you're sitting with me. I don't want to end up having to sit next to a dumbass,'' Bakugo said and Y/n simply shrugged, agreeing. That didn't mean she didn't feel giddy on the inside, though.

''What, there're people in Class A who have to take extra classes?'' Y/n turned around to see none other than Monoma from Class B. ''Does that mean you had people who failed the finals? What? Isn't that weird? Isn't that weird? Even though they're supposed to be way better than Class B? How can that be?''

Kirishima looked away in shame and Y/n put a comforting hand on his shoulder. Kendo chopped him in the neck, causing him to pass out before she dragged him away.

''We kind of met during the Sports Festival, but it's nice to meet you, Class A,'' a green haired girl said.

''Yeah.''

''We're getting on the bus!'' Kendo announced, still dragging Monoma as she entered the bus.

''Class A, the bus is here!'' Iida announced. ''Line up in seat order!''

- - -

''Everyone, the bus will stop once in about an hour. After that-''

''Let's play some music!''

The bus was extremely loud, no one bothering to listen to their teacher. Y/n opened her backpack and brought out her tablet and a pair of earplugs, then put it between her legs. She opened the small table and put the tablet there, opening one of the movies she'd downloaded beforehand.

''The hell are you doing, Speedy?'' Bakugo asked, looking at the screen.

''I'm going to watch a movie. Do you want to watch with me?'' Y/n asked, turning the tabled towards him slightly.

''I guess,'' Bakugo said and took one of the earplugs, putting it in his ear and waiting for her to start the movie. She did so, then leaned back in her seat and turned the tablet slightly towards Bakugo so he could watch as well.

Kirishima turned around and noticed Bakugo intensely looking at something in front of him, his arms crossed in front his chest and his head leaning slightly to the side. He could only see the top of Y/n's head, so he wasn't sure exactly what they were doing, but Bakugo seemed calm.

Y/n leaned her ewbow on the armrest between her and Bakugo, slightly leaning to the side. She kept on leaning until her head hit Bakugo's shoulder, who flinched. She didn't move, deciding to take her chances. He didn't push her away or yell at her - he didn't say anything, in fact. The two just stayed quiet as they continued to watch the movie.

The bus came to a halt and Y/n and Bakugo looked up, noticing Aizawa getting up and facing the class. ''We're taking the break now, go out.''

Bakugo furrowed his eyebrows as he removed the earplug from his ear. ''Put your tablet back in your bag, I don't think we'll be back anytime soon.''

Y/n rose an eyebrow, but did as told, then the two walked out of the bus. They met up with Mina, Kirisihima, Kaminari and Sero, who were already outside and stretching. Y/n joined them, feeling her joints pop. She watched as Mineta ran around, wanting to relieve himself. There was also a black car that she noticed on the side.