11

Another week has passed

Another week has passed. I have ignored Mason as good as possible. I couldn't look at him without my ovaries literally exploding. But I promised to myself that I won't do this anymore. It's friday again. Which is good but the bad thing is that the spain trip is in less than a week now. It worked good to ignore him during work and only talk to him about the most imprtant things that affected the company.

I'ts nine in the morning and hear as a clacking sound behind me appears. Amalia pushes me into an empty conference room. "What the fuck are you doing. Let me go." "You have to make these copies and then you'll make some phone calls today. I'll be busy." I look at her in disbelief and then start laughing at her seriousness. "Wait, what? You mean this?"

"I do. So go to work Delly." "What did you just call me?" "Something pathetic. Just like you are." That was it. I couldn't hold it back anymore. I lifted my fist and punched her straight into her botox filled face. "Ow! Are you serious?! That nose was expensive you bitch." Opening my bag, I pull out a tissue and hand it to her. "If I would have this as my new nose I would make sure that this doctor comes into jail or at least looses his Position. I just did you a favor. Now fuck off and do your fucking work alone you cunt." I leave the room at that and walk over to the elevator but stop in my tracks when I see Mason standing in front of the elevator with a woman standing awfully close to him.

I am fit but I can't walk up the stairs into my office with these heels. So I decide to go over to them. Without giving them attention. "Good morning, Mr. Travino." is all I say as I wait for the doors to open and to walk in. I get up to my level and head to Emilio's office. "I hate her. I fucking hate her so much." I tell him as I plop onto the Sofa in his office. "Good morning to you too, Delilah. I've had a great evening and an even better morning today. What about you?" Emilio says in an sarcastic tone. "Yeah, that's great. But seriously, Emilio. Who does she think she is?"

"We all don't like her if that is helping you." "It's not helping but thank you for trying. I hit her on the nose today." Emilio breaks out into laugher and looks at me while wiping a tear from his cheek. "You are hilarious, you know that?" I regret it a little bit if I am being honest but it was so reliefing at that moment so I didn't think about the consequenses.

"Do you know that woman? Dark brown hair, brown eyes, pretty small, pretty face..." "Well if you wouldn't have mentioned the height then I would've said it's you, why?" Shit. How am I going to say this without him getting suspicious. "I don't know. I just saw her with Matt today." "Are you and Matt a thing?" Matt was really handsome but he's not talking to me since we met and Mason iterrupted our conversation rather unfriendly. "No. We're not." I stayed in his office until around ten because I didn't have any work to do and walked out of his office.

"Where the fuck have you been?!" Mason is coming from my office. Oh oh. Did I forget a meeting? Did I have a Client? I didn'T have anything written down on my plan. "What's wrong?" "I've been looking for you every where!" "God Mason I am here so tell me what you need."

"I need you at a meeting on wednesday. It's going to be at five today. I have a meeting before this one and I can't promise if I will make it to this one on time." "Mason, this afternoon is my day off. Can't you do the meetig with Emilio?" He looks down at me with an annoyed Expression. "I don't trust the others with these meetings. You're coming. You'll have monday off." Mason looks at me one more time before he heads off to the elevator.

________________________________________________________________

It's almost five now. I park my car in ist usual spot and walk into the company again to walk into the conference room where the meeting is going to take place in. I plug in the USB-stick Mason handed me when he came into my office an hour after he told me I have to come and prepare the presentation while I greet the people that are starting to arrive.

It's not a really important meeting. Most of it is just press. The meeting has been going on for half an hour. Mason was right. He really is too late. Until the door opens quickly and he walks into the room. "Good evening. Please excuse my late arrive. Traffic here really is a problematic thing."

Mason sits in his chair right next to mine and starts to talk about everything as if he was here form the beginning on.

We're finished at seven. It was successful but I didn't have a doubt of it to be another way when Delilah is beginning it on her own. She hasn't been there for long but she already is one of the best workers I have. She makes shit happen. She knows what she wants and she can do it on her own.

She says goodbye to the others and ends the presentation on the Laptop on the table. "That was good. Thank you again for coming Delilah." "No problem." She doesn't look at me. She didn't even look at me once during the meeting. "Delilah what is going on with you? Help me understand. Did I do something wrong?"

Still not looking at me and not even bothering to give me an answer. "Answer me." I say in a hard tone and earn a sigh from her. "You didn't do anything wrong, Mason. I just don't this thing anymore. It is just not right to lie to our families."

"This is none of their business Delilah." Now she's looking at me.. "Can you please accept my decision?" She was right. This is selfish of me. If she doesn't want this, she doesn't. I can't force her to do something she doesn't want just to make me feel good. "Do you at least need a drive home?" Delilah picks up her bag from the ground and walks over to stop right in front of me. She's not saying a word. "I have my own car." Is the last thing she says as she walks out of the room and out of the company.

__________________________________________________

Damn Delilah, you good?

Comment your thoughts <3 love you!