- ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ.

— ʙᴀᴄᴋ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ꜰᴜᴛᴜʀᴇ

"Where have you been all day long?"

Wendy puts her book down and looks up to see Hook stumbling inside the room. There was a certain skip to his walk as he throws the door of Neal's former apartment shut behind him. Wendy raises her curved eyebrow at him and sits up a bit straighter on the couch. "And why do you seem so happy?"

Hook approaches Wendy without a word. He wraps his arms around her waist and lifts her up in the air. She shrieks as he twirls the two of them around. "Wha-what happened," she asks with a giggle to her voice once Hook set her down on her feet again. "Emma, luv. She drank the potion and.. she finally remembers. We head to Storybrooke in the morning." He lowers his voice while grinning ecstatically. "We can go home.."

The eyes of the blonde haired girl widen. She realizes what his words meant. "I can find Presley.." Hook nods. "Yes, you can." He glances towards the clock on the wall. It was already late in the evening. The pirate calls it a night and heads to the couch that Wendy was seated on before. Wendy grabs her book and disappears into Baelfire's former bedroom. There she changes into her nightgown, brushes her teeth and takes the bed that Hook graciously offered her the day of their arrival. 

But the excitement was too much for Wendy Darling to be able to fall asleep. She lay in the bed, twisting and turning, as she imagines all the different scenarios of her reunion with Presley. Would she go find her or would Presley seek her out? Where would they meet? Who was going to say the first words to each other? Her heart was pounding inside of her chest. In order to get some sleep she decides to grab her book and read to calm herself down. It was a book that Hook had found her. Peter and Wendy, by J.M. Barrie.

It was strange to read about herself in such a different light. She wonders how Mr. Barrie would have known about her family and the evil, at least Mr. Barrie got that part right, Peter Pan. But then, how would the Brothers Grimm have known about Snow White or Cinderella? There was so much mystery surrounding how these, what they assume are, fairytales came to paper when they look nothing like the actual stories they were living. 

With many more thoughts lingering in her head she falls asleep, dreaming of stories and the person who had been occupying her mind for over a year.. Presley.

The following morning Wendy woke up early. By half an hour she had all their belongings packed and ready to go. She got dressed and waited for Hook to finish up before they head over to Emma's apartment. When Emma opened the door she looks flustered and surprised at first, but it quickly made way for a genuine warm smile. "Wendy!" Emma steps forward and embraces the frizzy haired girl tightly. "Hook didn't mention you were coming along!" She takes a step backwards and her eyebrows suddenly pull down in a frown. "But how.. how do you remember?" When Wendy nor Hook immediately responded she takes another step back. Emma's arms cross before her chest as she now look seriously worried. "What happened?"