7. 🅷

Kiss

"No it was just a lie to get rid of him," replied Jimin. He promtly pulled off the car on the side of the road. "What happened?" with an unsteady voice I inquired him. "Why did you do that? What was the need to attend the party?" rather answering my question he raged. I was taken aback by his eruption. I spit on his face,"Did I know that Deji would betray me like that? I just wanted to enjoy and make new friends. Do you know how it feels to be alone?! I always stay solitary in university that's I wanted to befriend with others. But you know what you won't understand this because you have friends and you don't care about others!" Oxygen was soaked out from my lungs and I was fighting to breathe. "Oh really? I don't care about you,huh? Then who saved you from that jerk?! First of all why did you accompanied a stranger! If I hadn't save you then what'd happen to you have you ever thought about that? You always made me so worried," he thumped his fist on the steering wheel out of frustration. "Did I tell you to worry about me? He looked as a descent boy and I thought to check Deji too. In case you wouldn't even come then also I would be able to save myself," I flared my nose. My vision was getting blurred as tears welled up in my eyes. Ugh! I just hated that. I didn't want to cry in front of him. I didn't want to be a loser in front of him. I didn't want to show him that his anger and rudeness affected me. "Descent?" he scoffed,"Are you pretending to be a naive girl? And how you would rescue yourself? By shouting for someone's help?"
"That depends on me, how I can help myself that completely depends on me. I don't want your help and sympathy," I said through my gritted teeth while tears cascaded my cheeks. His eyes softened when he saw my tears drizzling down my cheeks and sighed. He averted his gaze and looked further away from the glass window while puffing another sigh.

On the other hand, the sounds of my silent sobs kept echoing on the car. I bit my inner lip in order to not let him know. That was of no use. He could see and hear me crying. I didn't want to be weak. I was really hurt, more than the incident that took place moments earlier. Strange, I know. I felt more sorrow and dispiriting than that of the previous event. That incident was more heart-rending and nerve-racking. Yet I was crying over this mere conflict between us. I didn't know why I was being so sentimental. It was just a normal conflict between friends still I overreacted. Why Jimin had such influence on me? Why did Jimin's simple statements stab me like a knife? I looked down on my lap and bawled my eyes out.

I was jerked closer to Jimin because of the quick pull that he gave me by grabbing my shoulders. "You're not alone in the university. You don't need to search here and there for friends. I'm here for you. I'm your friend who'll always stay beside you, care and worry about you," his honeyed words instantly melted me and if I stayed any longer in his hold then I'd melt into a liquid and gush into the corners of the seat. His drastic mood change left me perplex. He stared deep into my eyes with sincerity and glimpsed at my lips.

Alarm ringing !

He leaned closer to me and his lips landed on mine. My eyes were widened ten times than its normal size. His hands snaked around my waist pulling closer. My stomach did a backflip at his touch and a wave of electric shock was sent to my body which caused the hairs of my body to raise. He pulled away after giving a long peck. And the most disappointing thing was that I didn't kiss him back.
Fool me.

I fluttered my eyelashes trying to comprehend what just happened. How we ended up kissing each other from a serious argument? Correction not 'we' it was he who initiated.
"W-What was t-that for?" I mustered up the courage to interrogate him. My cheeks were on fire as blood rushed to my face. He flashed his smile, his eyes disappearing into crescent moons,"To repent my mistake and stop you from crying." Holy cow, his smile !! I could die for this.
"Let's go home quickly," I muttered while distancing myself from him. Who could kiss someone just to rectify one's mistake? He told me I'm his friend and now he kissed his friend. Dude nice policy !

 Dude nice policy !

Jimin's Pov-

I set my foot inside and made my way to the back of the bus. Mumbling a continuous 'excuse me' I squeezed myself amongst the people who were busy putting inside their baggages. I dropped my body on the seat and leaned comfortably. The bus would take its departure soon yet one girl was missing. The professor who was going along with us in the field trip got inside the bus and his one look was enough to make everyone closed their mouths. "So, everyone is here then we shall start our journey," he clapped his hands together and signaled the driver to start the engine. The students shouted and whistled out of excitement. "Stop! Stop! Please wait," someone yelled from outside whose voice I well recognized. The vibrating bus stopped into rest as the engine was turned off. The door slid opened and the girl jumped inside with her bag. "Ms. Eun you're late," the professor folded his arms and looked at her with an austere look. She bowed while panting,"I'm sorry sir." "Go to your seat," he ordered which she listened respectfully. I pulled my cap down to hide my face from her. Why was I doing that?
Because I couldn't face her from that night.

"Hi,"I was snapped out of my thoughts when I felt a presence behind me. I huffed. She sat near me. "Why are you so quiet?"she scooted near me and raised her eyebrows. I shook my head in disbelief. "You know I'm so excited for this trip. Since childhood I like this kind of trips. They are so enjoyable. Thanks to you we're able to join the trip. You did more than half of the project and we got good grades too. I hate to say this but man you're intelligent," she kept jabbering without taking breath. Although she spoke too much, but what she said was true. I did most of the assignment. I had to pay price consequently for choosing her as my partner.
"Out of all the empty seats, did you see only this seat?" with an annoyed face I asked. This was completely opposite to be honest. I was a little happy that she took a seat beside me, a very little. Don't misinterpret me ! I just happened to like her company. It was better to have her than no one.

"Um, because you're my friend. I feel very comfortable and secure around me," she blurted without even thinking for twice. My face was flushed with her unexpected confession. "H-how can you be s-so b-blunt?" I stuttered, my heart was racing.

"What? I just stated the truth. You're UNBELIEVABLE," she rolled her tongue in pronouncing the last word.
I let out a humourous chuckle and averted my gaze.

'How could she be so casual before me? Even I'm feeling awkward in presence of her. But she's acting like nothing happened between us. She was also relaxed after that whole condemn incident. I mean that she found a condemn in my bag and she didn't even feel uneasy. Instead she wished me good luck to have fun with the girl. I can't even explain how much embarrassed I was. Neither she was bewildered nor jealous. Truth to be told that condemn wasn't even mine. I bought it for my friend because he literally begged me to buy it for him who wanted to have fun session with her girlfriend. I could never forget that encounter with Taehee. Even today she's unconcerned today. For God's sake, I kissed her. I couldn't hold back the urge to kiss her. Her whole getup was so seductive to desist the urge. Now I couldn't even face her properly but look at her. She's careless about that thing. Was that kiss meaningless to her? She didn't feel anything towards me after that kiss?'

My stomach twisted at that thought. For some reason I was bothered by that thought. I was just overthinking about that stupid thing. I slumped my shoulder with a noticeable disappointment look in my face.

꧁༺_____________________༻꧂

I hope this chapter was enjoyable to make you giggle or at least chuckle. Don't forget to click the '★' button for me. Kindly drop your comments and reviews.

Love yourself <3