6

"Hey, so... Vicky"

The girl was sat next to Ross, quietly eating her breakfast. She suddenly felt shy because of Jake's presence, and the man just wanted to clarify things.

He wasn't sure why, maybe because he didn't want her to be scared of him.

"I'm sorry about yesterday, uh, we were just playing, and, well, that loud bang..." Jake started, and Ross just kept eating. "The thing is... it was a misunderstanding"

Vicky looked away, suddenly embarrassed at his apology.

"It's okay" she honestly said.

It made her feel better somehow, he looked adorable by trying so desperately to explain things. She couldn't remember the last time someone was worried about her like that, even if it didn't seem too important.

Just in that moment, Ross' phone buzzed. He scrolled through it for a couple seconds before groaning.

Why does he always groan?, Vicky thought.

"It's Williams. He says the Bianco's want to meet us, probably because they'd like to talk about some territory stuff". Ross said to Jake, not really looking away from his phone as he replied to someone.

Jake seemed to be holding back some words, like, really upset. He didn't want to scare the girl again, specially when he had just apologized, although she liked him now.

"Who's going?" He asked.

"Me, and I'll tell Jeff to come, too. Who knows if these bastards actually planned something else" Ross answered, mumbling the last part to himself.

Vicky was surprised and uncomfortable at the sudden change. She didn't think it was okay for her to be there, and also, Ross had never swore in front of her. She believed it was because of respect, but he had also been treating her like a child, so she wasn't sure.

But she thought that they were really busy, and felt like a nuisance there. She couldn't just be there as long as she wanted. They probably were uncomfortable, too.

"Uh, I should go now" Vicky said standing up, and leaving her empty plate in the sink. She was now realizing she had suddenly left her house, and although her mother probably didn't care, she couldn't just leave.

What about her studies? Or her (few) friends?

Ross and Jake both frowned. They didn't mind her presence at all, in fact, they thought she was adorable and kind, something they weren't really used to.

"What are you talking about? I'm not letting you go back to that place"

Vicky nervously chuckled.

"You're making it sound as if it was a living hell. I just... I'll be okay, I'll save some money to live anywhere else".

"'Anywhere else'?" Jake said this time.

"Just stay here. We won't let you go in this weather, specially there".

The girl sighed. What else could she do? It's not as if she had a better option. Plus, she trusted them more. They treated her so nice and didn't seem bad at all, although a little temperamental, but not with her.

Also, staying with Ross made her feel kind of excited. 

The girl started fidgeting with her fingers, unsure of what to say.

"Look, if you're good and stay here, I'll give you something tonight. Okay?" Ross said, crouching down to her level.

Her eyes sparked with excitement. She didn't know what could it be, but just thinking of a surprise made her beam.

Vicky couldn't help but like the way Ross was treating her. And Ross, the toughest man on earth, liked her too.

"Okay". God, it's so easy to convince me, she thought.

With that, they were all content. Ross guided her to the living room and put on some cartoons in the TV.

Victoria wanted to protest, because this was too much. She was 18, she didn't need to watch kid's shows! Anyway, she thought it'd be rude to say that to him, so decided not to.

A couple seconds later, the girl saw some guys standing on the room, a few meters away from her. They looked as scary as the first time she saw Ross, probably even more since she didn't know them.

Feeling embarrassed at them looking at her watching cartoons, she blushed. Ross must have noticed that, because he told the men to leave.

"Don't worry about them. They would never annoy you, okay? If they did, I would have to talk to them myself" he winked, making her giggle.

"Now, I have to go attend some business, alright? I'll come back later."

"Okay"

Vicky didn't know why, but a pout escaped her lips. Being with Ross was something, but she actually didn't trust anyone yet as much as him. Probably Jake, but it was different.

His expression softened.

"I promise to be quick, and then we can watch some movies in my bedroom. How does that sound?"

Vicky immediately nodded, liking the idea. She remembered how comfy she was last night and the big flat screen in front of his bed.

...

Almost two hours had passed, when Victoria started to feel hungry. She didn't dare to leave the couch, not only because she didn't want to face anyone new, but also because she found the cartoons funny.

But she wouldn't admit that.

But now she really wanted to eat something. After all, it was almost lunch time.

She turned the TV off and went to the kitchen, hoping someone would be there so that she didn't have to open their fridge just like that.

Unfortunately, no one was there. She realized she hadn't seen anyone in the past two hours, when Ross left.

However, Vicky was hungry and decided to look for Jake. It was gonna be hard, since the only rooms she knew in that place were the living room, the kitchen and Ross' bedroom, but she still went upstairs, hoping to see someone on her way.

Suddenly, a strange noise was heard, as if someone was typing something on a keyboard.

She realized a door was open, from where the sound was coming.

Maybe Jake will come with me, she thought.

She entered the door when suddenly saw not Jake, but Marcus typing surprisingly fast on his computer. Only a couple seconds later, did he realize the girl was standing there, about to leave.

"Uh, how did you get here?"

"I-I'm sorry" she mumbled, "the door was open and I thought Jake was here..."

"It's okay, are you lost or something?"

Why does everyone treat me like a little girl? Of course I'm not lost, even if it's a mansion, she thought, even though she was a little lost.

"No, I... I was hungry, and..." Vicky looked away, suddenly feeling too embarrassed at her words.

"Ah, I see". He stand up and went to her. "Does another one of my sandwiches sound good?" He smiled.

Hii :)

I hope you're liking the story so far. Sorry if there are any mistakes, I actually speak spanish lmao.

I realized I write better when listening to music 👉👈 thanks for the views <3

Hopefully, I'll keep updating this often. Have a nice day :)