36

"What happened?" Ross asked, a frown already forming in his face at his sight.

Even in her sleepy and sick state, Victoria made grabby hands at him, and he could melt at his cuteness, but also, felt a pain on his chest by seeing her so sick and stressed. Her hair was slightly disheveled, her puffy cheeks were pink and her eyes were closing.

Of course he would had liked to be there for her, but he just couldn't. Being a mafia boss was a really tiring job.

Picking her up, she hold onto him as if he could leave any moment again. Thankfully, she was feeling a little better than that morning because of the medicine Marcus gave to her earlier, but she still needed some rest.

"She wouldn't go to sleep until you were here. That's what she said" Ross's brother spoke, not allowing him to say anything. "She had a fever this morning, but I think she's doing better"

"How did she catch a cold?" Ross annoyingly asked, to which Marcus simply shrugged. "Fine. I'll take her to sleep"

With that, Marcus tiredly rubbed his shoulders and let them be. His brother headed upstairs with the girl in his arms as he tried to talk to her a little.

"Are you feeling better, baby?"

She simply hummed. Victoria wasn't feeling that bad, but wasn't ok either. She just needed to rest. But even though the girl was upset, she didn't really mind being with the brothers instead of Ross all day because of his work, she just wanted to cuddle with him so badly right now.

Ross understood that, too. His big hands clutched her tighter at the thought of his little girl feeling all sick. He got into their room and laid her in bed, Victoria suddenly not feeling little anymore and sitting in there.

"Shit, my head is spinning"

"So, I guess you're not my little baby right now?"

"Sorry, I've been feeling like this all day. I'm way better than this morning, though... oh, are you okay? You look tired"

Ross slightly chuckled, even if it was true.

"You're the one who's sick, why are you asking me?"

"Because you do look tired. Are you okay?"

Instead of answering, Ross grabbed a scrunchie from the nightstand and tied up her hair not so tightly, knowing that she'd be more comfortable that way. Victoria understood that was also his way of telling her he wouldn't talk to her about it, and that annoyed her a little. Although, right now, she didn't feel like fighting.

Victoria had also realized how little she had been acting earlier, and suddenly felt embarrassed. She knew how clingy and annoying she could be, specially after being sick and the girl couldn't help but feel guilty for having Marcus and Jake busy with that, as they were already busy with work.

Ross touched her small frown, making her realize she was staring off into space just by thinking about everything.

"You okay?"

"Yeah, sorry. I just feel bad for making them worry this much about me" the girl chuckled, but he didn't.

"Vicky, we all worry about you. What do you mean? Of course we don't mind taking care of you, specially when you're sick"

"Yeah, but it still doesn't feel right. I know you guys have a lot going on right now, and I probably caught a cold doing nothing important, like the other night when I stayed up late outside. Maybe that was it, and yet you still stay here with me." She said, slightly touching her hot forehead. "My point is, it's different when I'm my 'normal-self' and not little. I do like feeling loved, I just hate annoying people and making them worry too much about me".

Ross listened to every word his little girl said. Her fragile state just made him internally ask himself how could some 18 year old girl make him be that soft around her. He had never been like that, neither had his brothers before, but now they were all too... "normal" around Victoria. And they didn't mind.

Letting out a sigh, he passed a hand through his hair before looking at the girl's shining eyes.

"Vicky, do you remember what I said to you when you asked me why I was being nice to you?"

"Uh-huh" she said, tiredly rubbing her eyes but still paying him full attention.

"I told you that we simple felt like taking care of you. I want to take care of you. You could never annoy me or them, because every time you ask us about our day, or about us, and even when you ask what are we doing, we know that you care for us" Ross started, making her lay in bed. "It was kind of weird at the beginning, because as I said before, we had no one to look after us. But you are different, even if we are the ones taking care of you"

Victoria nodded to every word, trying to stay awake to listen to everything he wanted to say, but it was difficult.

"So, don't you ever think you annoy us again. Yeah?"

"Okay, I promise". Was all the girl said because of how tired she was, but she would think about those words for a long time. Were those actions really important to Ross? She thought it was common to want to know about them, and how they were doing.

Somehow, Victoria felt loved again. But even after everything he said, she still felt a little weird. Weird, because she kind of experienced the same thing. Of course, she didn't become part of the mafia and God knows what happened to that family, but that was a new feeling for all of them, feeling loved like that.

The girl shook her head (as slightly as she could due to her state) and positioned her head on Ross's arm, as he covered her with a blanket (fun fact, the man's arm would hurt a couple minutes later, but he would try to keep it there for as long as he could not to annoy her, and she found that cute)

And at some point, they both fell asleep.

...

Hi 🤡

I'm really sorry again, I find it hard to keep writing the story, specially because I don't really have time lol. Even though, I will finish it in some more chapters. Just be a little patient, please 🥺♥️

I hope you liked this part!