19

Victoria's POV

A week after the work issue, Ross decided I should go shopping. I refused, content enough with my own clothes, but he said they weren't suitable anymore, and his brothers agreed. I didn't want them to spend money on me because I was happy anyway, but they said money wasn't a problem for them.

Well, I believed them considering the situation. But still felt wrong.

But, anyway, I thought about buying some cute outfits, as I liked the ones Ross had chosen for me a couple times, and I got excited.

Ross said he really wanted to come with me, but everyone was really busy today, except for one person.

"Jeff, let's goo" I pouted as he was taking so long.

"Alright baby, gimme a minute"

Four men got into the car first, apparently some goons daddy decided should accompany us just in case. I found it kind of exaggerated anyway, but he almost gave me a lecture so I decided not to say anything else about it.

Jeff soon got out of the house too, wearing less formal clothes but still well dressed. He gave me his hand to hold it as we got into his purple suv.

"Okay, your daddy told me you could buy anything you want, yeah?"

"Really?" I curiously asked.

"Yeah. And maybe we could get some ice cream once we finish, what do you think?"

I thought my expression said it all, because he chuckled at me. To be honest, I was more excited to get out of the mansion and spending time with Jeff than buying clothes. But I felt it was gonna be a good day.

The weather was nice, too, finally warmer than it had been lately, so daddy dressed me more lightly.

We got there sooner than I expected, and I instantly got out of the car, making Jeff warn me, again.

"Baby, hold my hand, yeah?"

I did as he said, not really sure if he wanted that for safety reasons (which also explained why there were four goons behind us) or just to baby me, but I didn't mind. I gasped as I saw a lot of stores as soon as we entered. I mean, I've been to malls before, but this one was bigger and more expensive-like.

Anyway, a cute, pink dress caught my attention and I immediately pulled Jeff's arm.

"Look, isn't it pretty?"

"Yeah, it is, princess. Do you want it?"

Well, he didn't wait for an answer as he was alredy heading to the store, and that's pretty much how we spent the day. Sometimes I checked the prices and my eyes widened, but Jeff didn't seem to be bothered by it. He would just ask me if I liked it so that he could pay.

Jeff took me to some fancy restaurant, too, saying I "deserve to eat in a good place".

I also chose a tie for daddy, because I knew he often used them and wanted to give him a special gift. And that's how we ended up with a lot of clothes.

Daddy's men were still behind us, not really making me uncomfortable anymore. I kind of got used to them since the first day at the mansion. Still though, I didn't know their names.

I didn't know how, but it was alredy getting late as we had spent the entire afternoon shopping and walking around, so Jeff told me it was time to leave, and I agreed. My feet were killing me and I hadn't taken my usual nap, so I swear I could have fallen asleep right there.

Well, and also, I wasn't grumpy, but let's say my mood wasn't the best right then.

We were paying for Ross' tie when I spotted a toy store in front of us. I widened my eyes as something caught my eye. I unconsciously let go of Jeff's hand and ran to it, a cute cow stuffie exhibited.

"Vicky! What did I tell you?" Jeff said, agitated. "Why did you ran off?"

"Uh, I-I saw this" I innocently said, showing him the stuffie as he softened his expression. I felt guilty, I knew I shouldn't had ran and that probably surprised him. Anyway, his expression turned kind of stern again.

"Baby, put it back. We need to get home. I could've bought it for you, and get some ice cream, but you disobeyed, baby"

I pouted so hard, I really wanted that stuffie. Also, being scolded by Jeff made me feel bad, so I just looked down. I could feel some people staring at us, which made the situation worse. Even the goons outside, although they didn't show any emotions, looked awkward.

I finally gave in, putting the cow back on the shelf and looking at Jeff in the eyes, as I felt mine starting to water at the embarrassment.

"I'm sorry, I didn't do it on purpose"

I heard Jeff sigh and scratch his head. I knew he was deciding what to say next, it was uncomfortable for both of us. In the end, he gave in.

"Okay, we'll buy just this one and get a small ice cream cone, but we won't tell your daddy, yeah?"

My eyes lit up and a smile appeared on my face, and Jeff's, too.

"But never do that again, you almost gave me a heart attack" I quickly nodded, "Alright baby, let's pay and go home"

...

Jeff's POV

The ride was silent, only the sound of the radio (which now we turned on every time Vicky went with us) was heard. I could tell we were both exhausted, and Vicky fell asleep as soon as she got in the car. I let her rest her head on my lap as we got home.

I admired her delicate features, feeling lucky to have her with us, instead of in that house with her mom. I furrowed my brows just thinking how much she had suffered in there, with no one by her side.

I felt bad for her, and I could relate to that pain, too. She was too innocent to feel that.

My thoughts were interrupted as soon as I realized the driver had parked the car. I shook my head and slowly got out, trying to softly pick Vicky up. She woke up but went into my arms anyways, falling asleep again. I chuckled at her, and she just repositioned her head on my shoulder.

"You can sleep when we get inside, princess" I said, but she was alredy off.

I entered the house and was welcomed by some voices on the living room. I wondered who could be bothering now, as we alredy had a lot of work to deal with anyone.

"Jeff?"

"Williams" I said, completely shocked at his presence.

Ross stood up from his seat, looking at me and the sleepy girl on my arms. I didn't think it'd make any difference to come home an hour earlier than expected, but... maybe I should've told someone.

Vicky squirmed, bothered by the noise, and lifted up her head, widening her eyes as soon as she saw Williams.

"Who's this, guys?" He asked.

...

Hi guys ❤

Hope you liked this chapter. Have a good day :)