21

Vicky then appeared in front of me, rubbing her eyes as she walked to me. Her hair was disheveled and I could tell she had been sleeping for a good few hours, something I guessed was gonna be a problem tomorrow.

I put the vase on the desk and hid it behind me, she didn't need see me drinking. I crouched down to her level.

"Baby? Why are you awake at this hour?"

"I'm hungry. I think Jake tried to wake me up for dinner but I was too sleepy... so I fell asleep again" she pouted.

"I see. Well, what if you take a bath while I get something for you to eat?"

I didn't think she would say yes, and I was right. She furrowed her brows and shook her head before letting out a yawn.

I couldn't help but smile a little. Moments ago, I was feeling a terrible headache because of this infiltrated issue. But as soon as she entered, I couldn't even think of that and focused on her. I didn't like this. If I got too attached to Vicky, other people would try to get to her, but, on the other hand, I couldn't let her go.

She was different from any other girl I've been with before, and I knew for sure she didn't have bad intentions or something. Vicky wasn't like that.

She suddenly got me out of my thoughts.

"I'm tired"

"I know, baby. But you still should" I put a strand of hair behind her ear, and then I had an idea."Want me to help you?"

...

Well, she ended up accepting because even if she knew she had to take a bath, she didn't feel like it then. I could tell she was nervous and anxious about me bathing her, but I wouldn't ever try something she wouldn't like. I mean, I could be part of the greatest mafia, but I wasn't an asshole. Honestly, not even the women I used to invite understood that.

Vicky woke up a little more and I was hoping she could still fall asleep after this. Anyway, we got into the bathroom and I turned back so that she could get off her clothes and get into the bath, and she did pretty quickly.

"Alright, daddy's gonna be quick, yeah?"

I started applying shampoo on her head, massaging her scalp to which she hummed at, making me smile. She even started playing with some bubbles I had added for her. It was funny how nervous she had been minutes ago and now she was all content.

I was processing everything that happened today, because I had had a lot of work, as I was used to. But this time, I felt even more tired. Something was off. Also, thinking about how distressed Vicky might had been for the sudden visit, made me kind of mad at Jeff and Williams.

I thought this wasn't the time to be thinking about that, so I decided to talk to Vicky, as we hadn't really been spending too much time together these past few days.

"So did you have fun today, princess?"

"Yeah, Jeff took me everywhere! We bought a lot of clothes, and then he took me to a restaurant so we ate a lot of food. And then we bought more things and he let me had ice cream"

Vicky quickly explained, making me laugh for the first time that night. I rinsed her hair and finished bathing her, which she didn't even realize as she kept playing.

"And were you a good girl?" She nodded a little, but started fidgeting with her fingers. I found weird how fast her expression changed, and thought that something was definitely wrong. I unconsciously arched an eyebrow (I swear I saw her blushing for some reason) and looked at her in the eyes as I raised her chin, so that she could see mines, too. This time, I spoke in a 'daddy' voice.

"Vicky?"

"W-well... I got a excited so... I ran off to a toy store... so I let go of Jeff's hand, a-and he got upset. Also, he said I was getting grumpy and that we should get back home..."

She immediately looked away, not wanting to meet my gaze. Honestly, I wasn't mad at her. I thought that she had done something really bad to be like thay. And even though she shouldn't had done it, I was sure it was an accident. Plus, she hadn't taken her nap, so it was an understatement.

But I was mad at Jeff for not telling me that, and I was gonna kick him later.

"Jeff..." I sighed.

"No, daddy! He didn't do anything wrong, don't scold him. Pleaase" Vicky said and her eyes started to water. As I said, it wasn't really that bad, so I wasn't going to do anything anyway, but seeing her cry always made me panic. Specially if it was my fault.

"It's okay, princess. I won't scold him, yeah?" I stroked her cheek, "I promise, it's okay. Why don't we get you out so that you can eat something and go to bed? And when you wake up, you can show me your new clothes"

Vicky smiled at that last part and quickly nodded. She stood up as I wrapped her in a fluffy towel and picked her bridal style to bed.

I chose some random pajamas (because, well, I bought at least five of them) and she got dressed. We headed downstairs and I could see she was still a little tired as sometimes she would yawn and rub her eyes, and every time she did, I unconsciously took her hands away to not hurt her eyes.

I tried to sat her at the table to prepare something for her (yeah, just a sandwich would do), but she refused and clinged to me, hiding her face on my shoulder. I checked the time on my watch, 3:30 am. I sighed and started making her food with one hand, and I wasn't going to call Carl for something like this.

Vicky finished all her sandwich and I praised her, something I discovered she loved. She would always smile and blush every time I told her those kind of things, and it was fun to watch. She looked at the cookie jar near us and I shook my head, and thankfully she didn't really mind. I wasn't going to give her sugar at this hours.

"Daddy... sleep"

"Yeah, baby. We're going to bed"

I could tell she was in her littlespace, because she would talk less, and, well, she always wanted to be held. On the other hand, I was secretly happy to be able to sleep, finally. And mostly because I knew Vicky would sleep without a problem.

I took her to our bedroom, and she was almost asleep by then. But when I was about to lay her in bed, she opened her eyes again and almost shouted, making me flinch.

"Daisy!"

"Huh?"

"Daisy" Vicky repeated, pointing to a shelf where a cow stuffie was. I was confused, but gave it to her and she immediately clutched it to her chest as she finally fell asleep, before even laying her in bed.

I took off my clothes and got under the blankets with Vicky, hugging her close to me as she hid her face on my chest (also, not letting go of Daisy).

"Sleep well, princess"