30

Victoria's POV

The next morning, I woke up snuggled to Ross' body. I didn't know what time it was, but I assumed it was pretty late already, as I could feel the sun on my face through the curtains. His bare chest made me want to stay like that a little longer, but I refused to, as it must had been around 11 am.

I also guessed that he didn't go to sleep early, and that's why Ross hadn't waken up yet. It wasn't usual for him to wake up too late in the morning.

I stretched my arms and slowly got up from bed, careful not to wake him up. I wasn't exactly feeling little, maybe just an older headspace or something, but I didn't pay attention to it. I grabbed a jacket and headed outside, until Ross' voice surprised me.

"Where are you going?"

"Uhm, I'm going downstairs to eat something"

Ross let out a slight groan and sat up on bed, tiredly massaging his shoulders and stretching up a bit.

"Let daddy go with you. What do you wanna eat, baby?"

His raspy voice and his nicknames would always make me feel smaller somehow, and he knew that, too. Ross grabbed some black t-shirt near him and put it on, signaling me to sit next to him on bed.

I obeyed, feeling his arms hugging me from behind.

"Can I eat cookies?" I excitedly asked.

He chuckled a little from his spot on my shoulder and shook his head.

"You're not gonna eat chocolate for breakfast, baby. But maybe I'll let you have some after lunch" I didn't say anything as I knew he would say no, but he kept talking. "Wanna talk about yesterday?"

I stayed still, unsure of what to say. I heard a sigh from him but he didn't push it anyways. Honestly, it was nice to tell him everything. After that, I realized how much it all was affecting me and I was thankful for that.
After some seconds, I decided to speak.

"Thanks for listening to me... I haven't told anyone about that before"

"You were so brave for telling daddy. I'm proud of you, princess" he praised, making me smile and snuggle further to him. "It must've been difficult for you"

"Uh-huh. But I'm better now because of you"

It must had surprised him, because he stayed silent for a moment before starting to chuckle. I loved hearing his laugh, it was really nice, but he didn't do it too often.

Ross hugged me tighter and kissed my ear, making me giggle in surprise.

"I didn't know you were too ticklish" he smirked, and then started peppering kisses all over my face and neck, making me turn into a giggle mess and try to escape from his arms.

We both started laughing at it. If I hadn't met Ross that night, right then I would had been arguing and yelling at my mother, as usual. Even though I didn't say anything last night, I couldn't stop thinking of his words, and he was right. My mother had no right no treat me like thrash all these years.

So... I loved being with him.

"Daddy, s-stop!"

Just when he was about to speak, a few knocks on the door made us stop. I heard Ross sigh and a "come in" escape his lips. It was Marcus.

"Ross- I, uh, sorry to interrupt. I wanted to talk to you about yesterday's matter"

"What is it?"

"Brown is... he says he knows something about the Bianco's family, and I think we should hear him out"

Ross frowned and grabbed the bridge of his nose, his expression going from happy to stern in just a few seconds.