39

"How is it my fault, Vincenzo?! You are so drunk you cannot even think properly!" Elizabeth yelled downstairs.

Victoria was listening to their yelling from the stairs, hiding and hoping the fight to over soon. She was too used to it for a 4 year old, but it still scared her the way her dad would get angry at them both.

"I... I don't know. Move, I want to sleep"

"No, you're not sleeping in here. What's wrong with you?"

Vincenzo was starting to get angry, not only because of her yelling and reprimanding, but also because of the lack of sleep. Truth is, he was tired of work and not being heard.

"What do you mean I'm not sleeping in here? Move"

"I said no. You smell of alcohol and are too drunk to even realize. I won't let you sleep here"

"Elizabeth. Move. Don't start now"

He tried to pass her, but she would get in his way with a daring look on her face. Victoria imagined how angry they both were even if she wasn't seeing them.

"I tell you, Vin. I'm tired of dealing with you, are you out of your mind? Will you keep getting drunk until you kill yourself?"

"You know what? Maybe I will. Maybe all I need is to disappear from here so that I'll finally have some peace from everything" he said. "I've been working really hard my whole life for what?! For nothing! The money is never enough, and I can't even sleep properly. Stop fucking bothering me!"

Vincenzo didn't realize how roughly he was grabbing his wife's arm until he finished that last sentence. He looked at his own hand and slowly let go of her. The man was about to have another fit of rage, and decided it was enough. He thought maybe it would be better to leave, since he didn't want to make things worse. Vincenzo only wanted to be happy once and for all and his current situation wasn't helping.

He hadn't told his wife that he had gambling issues, and that he would spend every cent on games in hopes of earning more money, but he just wasn't lucky. He knew he needed to go back to his old job, but Vincenzo didn't want that. Of course, he liked power, but the man was aware of the risks of illegal jobs.

"I... I need to go. I'll leave"

"What do you mean you're leaving? What about us?!"

"Do you prefer watching me being pathetic like this? You know what I need to do"

"Vince-"

"Leave it, Elizabeth. I..." Vincenzo couldn't really talk and started stumbling again, looking for his house keys on his pockets. "I'll call them"

He turned around and stormed out of the room, well, out of the house. Elizabeth couldn't believe what had just happened, her shoulders still tense and her mouth opened in disbelief. Sure, his husband had always had quite... a temper, but he had never done something like that. Especially, she was surprised because Elizabeth knew where he was going, or what was he planning on doing.

She slowly walked through the kitchen, making her way out to go to her room. To the woman's surprise, her little daughter was as shocked as her standing on a step. Victoria was looking at her with a confused face, hoping it'd be enough for her to understand she just wanted to comprehend what had happened.

"It's all your fault" were the last words Elizabeth told Victoria before she started blaming her for everything wrong going on in her life.

...

"...up. Hey, wake up!"

Victoria slowly tried to open her eyes to the sound of a rough male voice shaking her awake. But even still, they were almost glued and she was still barely conscious, her head pounding from the drugs or whatever she had been forced to inhale before.

"This bitch"

It took Vicky a while to (kind of) fully wake up from her unconscious state, finally being able to look at her surroundings. And... she was truly lost. That place was completely new for her, and the only thing it had in common with where she was used to live in for the past months, was how big it was. And yes, the decorations were luxurious, but didn't seem as much as the ones the Caruso's had. They seemed... different.

She was woken up abruptly thanks to the sound of a slammed door, which made her instantly feel a headache. Just where was she?

The first thing she spotted was a tall figure in front of her, and for a brief second the girl thought it was one of the Caruso's. But no, she knew this man very well, to her surprise.

"Hey, Victoria" Alistair said, pushing a chair and sitting right in front of her sleepy estate. "I know this is a surprise for you. However, I still expect you to behave. I need you to cooperate so that we don't have to do this the hard way, yes, darling?"

Her eyes widened in disbelief, her mouth agape and a frown visible made the man chuckle in response. It's not that he was exactly enjoying it, but it was quite a funny sight to him after all the hard work he had done.

"Wha- how? Why? I thought you were Ross's friend!"

"Inside voices. Or should I remind you who's in charge here?" His jaw clenched and Victoria let him speak, repositioning herself on the chair. "I guess I can tell you. The thing is, I didn't mean to betray Ross, if anything, I think we were doing a pretty good job. Things were turning out great and money has never been an issue. Would you like some water?"

Alistair saw the look on her face and decided not to push it for now. He took out a cigarette out of his pocket, taking his time to light it up and smoke for a few seconds. He let his breath out and cleared his throat.

"T-then?" Vicky hesitantly asked.

"Then you came. Don't get me wrong, Victoria, Ross has always had bitches here and there, and so did I. But the asshole was leaving the business aside, always doing everything in 'order to protect you' and whatever. I was the one in charge of a lot of things, he never even thanked me... Fuck, he couldn't even realize that I, his best friend, was behind of all of this!"

Victoria whimpered. She was in disbelief, her shaking hands were trembling against the rope that was tying them together, and even though scared, the girl felt an important feeling she had never felt before: betrayal. Because yes, Alistair was supposed to be his boyfriend's best friend, but she felt close to him as well.

But how could she believe everything was going to be okay forever? Of course it was too good to be true. Victoria felt so dumb.

Sighing at his sight, Alistair shook his head.

"Do you want me to tell you a secret?" He said, making her tiredly look at him in the eyes. "Cheryl... Ross' ex, you remember her right? Well, it was when Jeff told me about the incident at their house that i knew something was off. Anyway, we were going to kidnap you in the club the other night... until some jerks messed with our plans"

"That's why you were there... b-but you helped me!"

"Yeah, I did a pretty good acting, didn't I?" He abruptly stood up and threw his chair somewhere in the room. "But enough talking, I think it's time I call him already. Bye darling"

"Wait, Alistair! You can't leave me here! Please!" Victoria struggled against the chair, but the rope was too tight around her wrists to even move. She didn't know who he meant by "him", but she didn't want to see.

Hey 👉🏻👈🏻

I hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry for disappearing for so long again ;; but I'll try to update as soon as I can :c

Have a good day!<3