24

"Jaake" Vicky said to him, watching him scroll through his phone. He had been doing that for at least thirty minutes, and now she felt bored. In or out of little space, she was clingy. "Stop doing that, let's watch a movie"

The man chuckled before putting his phone on the table, looking at her with a smirk.

"You're lucky, you know?"

"What do you mean?"

"The last person who tried to give me orders, ended up dead"

She scoffed and rolled her eyes at Jake, alredy turning the TV on to watch something.

"Haha. Very funny"

"It wasn't a jo-"

"What should we watch, though? Oh, what about an horror film? It's been long since I last watched one"

Jake shrugged, it was the same for him. But even though, he thought about it for a minute, because he knew it wasn't a good idea. Even if Victoria wasn't little at the moment, there's no way she could watch the whole movie, at least that's what she seemed like.

But the man wasn't going to tell her no out of her little self, although he was ready to turn it off as soon as she couldn't keep watching.

"I don't know, you sure you can handle it?" He asked, taking a seat next to her.

"I can, since I'm with you. What about you?"

"Kiddo, I'm the one who makes people scream. This won't scare me" Victoria didn't pay him attention, she just put The Conjuring on the flat screen and closed the curtains.

"I mean it, I'm a bad boy" he said, making her chuckle.

Victoria went to the couch again and laid down, with her head on Jake's lap. The man grabbed a blanket near them and covered her body, and unconsciously started stroking her hair as they watched the movie, and sometimes she hummed in response.

She liked those moments, because she thought of him as an older brother, and she saw her like his little sister, too. Even if he wouldn't admit it.

...

"Are you okay?" Jake asked as he felt her body tense.

The movie was about to end, and honestly, Vicky would close her eyes most of the scenes, not wanting to see the jumpscares and ghosts. On the other hand, Jake didn't even flinch. She frowned at the thought, how could he be so cold?

But she also found it funny, because he thought of him as the least intimidating of the brothers (which didn't mean he wasn't). If Jake hadn't got scared, of course Ross, Marcus and Jeff wouldn't.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine" he had enough, he grabbed the remote and turned the tv off "Hey! It was about to end!"

"Yeah, and I turned it off. You seem like you're gonna have a panic attack any moment, you're welcome"

"Y-yeah, whatever" she sat up on the couch and suddenly had an idea. By the way, "what are you gonna do today?"

"Uh, right. We have shoot practice in about an hour, I better get going"

The girl pouted and grabbed his arm, thinking they would leave her alone and go to work again. It's not that she was that dependant out of little space, but she had got too attached to them and didn't want the brothers to get hurt. That and also, she liked being with them.

Jake looked at her with a raised eyebrow, urging her to speak.

"Why do you have to go? I don't like it"

"Well, I know. But it can't be helped, we need to practice so that we don't get hurt at work, when things get hard, don't you think?"

"Yeah, I guess..." she didn't let go of his arm though, something he found cute. Jake felt guilty at leaving her again, but he had no choice. Vicky eyes lit up and looked at him, "Can I go with you?"

"Uh, I'm not sure-"

"I know, I know, guns and stuff. But I wanna see you shooting, please? I promise I won't be close to you so I won't bother too much. Plus, I don't like being here alone, your goons are scary"

Jake sighed before checking the hour on his phone, running a hand through his hair. He stood up and nodded.

"Alright, it's okay since you're not little, I guess... but you should still talk about this with Ross, yeah?"

"Yes! Thank you! I bet you are the best at shooting, Jake"

"Don't push it, kid. Come on, hurry"

Victoria giggled and rushed to Ross' office, knocking a few times. She patiently waited but got no response, so she assumed he wasn't there.

She wandered around the mansion but couldn't find him, which she found weird because, supposedly, he didn't have any meetings or jobs that day. But maybe something had came.

Just when the girl was about to go find someone, she heard the basement door open, revealing a stern Ross. He muttered something under his breath while closing the door and locking it, quite rough.

Vicky approached him and started fidgeting with her fingers when he saw her.

"Hey Ross"

"Hey baby"

"Uh, so... Jake told me you guys have shooting practice today and... I was wondering if I-"

"No"

It was all he said, before patting her head and turning to go back to his office. She angrily huffed at that, Ross didn't even let her finish, even if he knew what she was about to ask.

"But I'm not little!"

"I know"

"Then what's the problem? I just wanna go with you"

Ross stopped walking (which she was grateful for, since he walked fast) and looked at her. If she had been little, he would have lectured her, but it was different with her normal self. Anyway, the height difference still made Victoria feel so small, so she kind of got shy suddenly.

"What do you mean? It's not a place you should go, we get pretty violent sometimes and you can get hurt, why don't you just wait for us, hm? It's just gonna be a few hours"

Well, now she knew he wouldn't accept so easily, so the girl decided to play innocent with him, something it often worked.

She looked at him with a slight pout and hid her face on his chest, to which he unconsciously put his arms around her, although knowing what she was trying to do.

"But I want to see you shooting, Ross. I don't like when you get hurt, so I want to be there with you in case something happens. Plus, you must look so cool when you shoot"

Ross deeply sighed at her, knowing he had lost that time. Truth be told, she often won, even when he was trying to look serious or something, he just couldn't help it. He separated from her but slightly warned the girl with a raised eyebrow,

"Alright, you can come-" Victoria squealed, "but you have to stay where I say, and don't cause any trouble. Understand?" Actually, he knew she wasn't the type of causing trouble, but still had to tell her.

She nodded and, in about 20 minutes, she was ready, waiting fot everyone downstairs.