Soulmates

Today was Alexander Gideon Lightwood's eighteenth birthday and he is getting his soulmate mark today.

The thing was he was scared that it might be a girl, and he well... he likes boys, so he tried his max to avoid his parents near his 18th birthday.

His sister had insisted on going out for 'shopping' and he agreed along with his adopted brother, his parabatai, Jace Wayland.

Izzy's original plan was, that if Alec is out and he gets his soulmates name he might get a chance to meet them.

And also she didn't want her brother to go through their parents clave lecture about soulmates and all.

Well, let's say everything was going fine for the shadowhunter until he felt his wrist burn in the middle of the shopping.

"Ah!", he gasped and looked at his wrist holding it tightly and words started forming in blue, blue?, he thought but waited for the whole process to be finished.

Izzy and Jace immediately came towards him and looked expectantly and finally the burning stopped, Magnus Bane.

The name on his wrist said Magnus Bane in blue along with blue flames in the end, the three shadowhunters looked shocked.

(The flame)

"Magnus? I mean as in Magnus Bane the High Warlock of Brooklyn? One of the most powerful warlock ever?", asked Jace, "Is there any Magnus that you have heard of?", Izzy asked sarcastically.

"Well I know that is the only Magnus I have heard of, I thought you people knew someone else", he said.

"We are always with you how could we know someone else?", she asked back, "But besides that look at the blue in the flame, it's Alec's eye color", she pointed out.

Alec was in too much shock to listen to his siblings bickering as he was still trying to process what just happened.

His soulmate was a man, yes he is happy about that, but he is also the High Warlock of Brooklyn, as Jace said one of the most powerful man ever to live, well he can't say he is not happy.

He has heard about the warlock before and let's say he sort of admired the warlock's sassiness even though he hadn't met him face to face.

"Guys shut up", he said to his siblings and they stopped their argument, "Just... both of you shut up and finish the shopping please", he said as if nothing happened few seconds ago.

"Are you ok Alec?", Jace asked, "Yes, why wouldn't I be?", Alec asked, "Your soulmate's a downworlder", Jace replied.

"So what? Not everyone with demon blood is evil at the same time not everyone with angel blood is good", Alec snapped.

He was surprised that this was him talking like that towards his parabatai, he didn't know where this sudden protectiveness came from towards the unknown warlock.

"Woah buddy I am not saying it's wrong, calm down", Jace said raising his hands slightly, "Ok that's enough boys come on I have make-up shopping to go", Izzy said.

The boys groaned and she raised her eyebrows, "Nothing come on let's go", Jace said not wanting to see the female's wrath and all three went to the shop.

While Izzy was shopping Jace and Alec was in the corner hoping... praying she would finish soon and take them away from the awkward situation.

Many were looking at them and whispering about these two weird men in make-up shop plus the runes all over their body didn't help them, it just made them look more scary in a way.

"Remind me never to go shopping with her", Jace whispered, "Oh trust me you nor I will forget this embarrassment to go on another shopping with her", Alec said.

Suddenly his wrist hurt again and he looked to see a gold spiral forming around the name, his eyes widened and looked at Jace.

Jace's eyes also widened, "Your soulmates here", Jace said and Alec nodded looking up and around the shop.

His eyes met a pair of dark brown eyed one looking at him and he felt the air knock out of his lungs, he was having a hard time breathing.

The brown eyed man walked towards him, he is beautiful, Alec thought, Magnus Bane was dressed sparkly as always and was he making Alec drool?

He had a perfect body for a warlock and the make up brought out his beautiful features, "Alexander Gideon Lightwood", said the voice.

Alec was staring into the man's eyes that he failed to understand that the man was talking to him, Jace nudged him.

"Magnus... Magnus Bane", Alec stuttered and a smile broke in Magnus's face, he is cute, the warlock thought.

"So you are my soulmate? After all these years I have found you", he said and showed his wrist still both staring into each other's eyes.

On his wrist was Alexander Gideon Lightwood in gold letter with a gold bow and arrow and blue spiral around the whole thing just like Alec's.

(The bow and arrow)

Alec also showed his and Magnus smiled, a genuine smile, "What do you mean after all these years?", Jace asked and Izzy came.

"Well I got my soulmate's name after he was born only, so 18 years ago and considering I am 800 year old it is pretty late and different", he said.

"So you are the first warlock to have a shadowhunter as a soulmate?", Izzy asked, "No, I knew someone else", he said.

Alec was taking in Magnus's features and felt a tingling sensation in his skin, "Who?", Jace asked and Magnus stopped him from asking more.

"I'll explain later, now I believe that we have some details to go into", Magnus said locking eyes  with Alec.

Alec nodded, "So shall we go on a date?", Magnus asked and gave his hand, Alec looked at his siblings who nodded.

He took his soulmate's hand and they went through a portal to God knows where, "I want one", Jace said and Izzy shook her head.

"Come on I need to go to one more shop", she said and Jace groaned, Angel save me, he thought and followed her like a lost puppy. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if there are any grammatical mistakes, English is not my first language... But I hope you like it!!!