I would've done the same

Magnus had had a thought bugging him for some time, well... since Alec said he would've done the same when Clary said she wished Jace back.

Magnus was confused, did Alec talk about him or Jace? If him, why? if Jace, is Jace more important?, he asked himself.

But he understood that if it was Jace, it is because they are parabatai and brothers, he wasn't jealous.

Well maybe a bit jealous and after his wedding to his love of his life he was more confused, as Alec had accepted to become immortal when Clary offered the immortality rune.

Why? well Alec knows he will be in pain when Jace dies of old age and he would have to live with Magnus forever, so Magnus thought he was more important to his husband, but he didn't want to lift his hopes up.

Today he was gonna clear his doubts because they had agreed to talk it out without pushing away each other.

"Hey", Magnus said softly entering their bedroom after dinner, where Alec was sitting in the bed with a book in his hand.

"Hey", Alec said smiling looking up from the book and Magnus moved into his lap and Alec kept the book aside wrapping his arms around his husband's waist.

"I want to talk to you about something, don't be angry", Magnus said and Alec kissed him, "I will never be angry with you", he said.

"You know few months ago after that certain incident at Max's rune ceremony I told you to not push me away", Magnus started fumbling with his words, a nightmare of a memory that was for Magnus.

Alec nodded confused, "Well after that you also told me the same after the switch with Valentine", Magnus continued and Alec was getting more confused.

"Magnus-", Alec started and Magnus stopped him, "Wait a minute Alexander, I need to ask you this, please don't interrupt me till I finish", Magnus said and Alec nodded.

"I have been having this internal fight or doubt inside me for a few weeks now and I didn't want to make you think that I doubt you or that I don't trust you, I understand if it is not me, but", he said and paused looking into Alec's eyes.

"It's ok take your time love", Alec said and Magnus smiled kissing Alec quickly before breaking and looking into his eyes again.

"You know when we learned that Jace was revived back by Clary?", Magnus asked and Alec nodded.

"And you said you would've done the same", Magnus said and Alec nodded again, "I would still do it without another thought", Alec said.

Magnus didn't know whether to feel happy or jealous considering he was having a trouble knowing who Alec meant by.

Alec understood Magnus's conflict from both looking into his eyes and the previous statement, but he didn't say anything.

"Who did you refer it to as?", Magnus asked feeling a huge weight being lifted and looked down, Alec controlled his laughter.

He kept a straight face and lifted Magnus's face making him look into his eyes, "Who do you think I meant?", Alec asked.

Magnus removed Alec's hand and looked away muttering something under his breath, "I can't hear you honey", Alec said a smile coming into his face.

"Jace", Magnus said and Alec's smile dropped, he thought Magnus would say himself, "Why?", he blurted unable to control himself.

"Well he is your brother and parabatai", Magnus said and Alec smiled softly, he was happy that Magnus knew Alec wasn't in love with Jace romantically and accuse him of any cheating.

"Baby look at me", Alec said and lifted Magnus's face to meet his's by his chin and saw tears on those beautiful brown eyes.

"Oh honey", Alec said wiping those tears and kissing his forehead, "He may be my brother and parabatai, but you are my husband, my love of my life, my everything baby", Alec said and Magnus smiled.

"Why do you think I accepted the immortality rune? I love you more than I have loved anyone in my whole life, you make me alive and happy Magnus", Alec said.

"And always remember I meant every word when I said our vow and I would burn the whole universe if that's what I have to do to bring you back to me", Alec said.

Magnus looked at him surprised, "But", Magnus started and it was Alec's turn to interrupt, "I know you have doubts about your past and your status and other nonsense, but don't, now you are my husband, my warlock, mine and I love you for who you are", Alec said.

Magnus smiled and cuddled into Alec laying cozily, "As I love you Alexander", Magnus said smiling with his eyes closed.

Alec ran his fingers through Magnus's hair, "Why were you bottling this up? and why did you have such a doubt?", Alec asked.

"Well I didn't want to ask you because I was scared your answer might be Jace and I don't want to be jealous of your relationship with him", Magnus confessed making Alec smile.

"And... no one in my enter lifetime chose me over the world and I had a small nagging that you might be one of them, but that doesn't me I didn't trust you or I don't trust you. I trust you with my whole life, it's just I believed my whole life that no one would do that, so I had a hard time adjusting", Magnus finished looking into Alec's eyes.

Alec smiled, he was not offended or hurt that Magnus thought he would choose the world before him.

He knows of the warlock's past, "Remember I don't want the world, I want you and I will always choose you above the world", Alec said.

They shared a passionate kiss showing their love, understanding, trust and many more emotions hard to explain by words.

"I also know that I would've done the same as Clary and I will always do", Alec said and Magnus drifted to sleep.

"I know and I love you", he said sleepily and felt lips on his head, "I love you too Magnus", said the voice before the drifting into a beautiful dream.