Morning Routine

Alexander Gideon Lightwood-Bane woke up to soft kisses on his whole face, he smiled and wrapped his arms around his husband pulling him close.

"Good morning Mr.Inquisitor", Magnus said chuckling in between the kisses, Alec smiled and opened his eyes.

"Good morning husband", he said in his morning voice making Magnus bite his lips and kiss Alec, Alec flipped them on the bed, him straddling Magnus while kissing.

"Baby... you... have... work... today", Magnus said in between the kisses and his moans, "I know but it won't be a problem if I go late", Alec said.

Magnus giggled and wrapped his arms around Alec's neck, "If you say so", Magnus said and they continued their make out session when the phone rang.

Alec sighed breaking the kiss and attended the call on speaker, "Hey Alec where are you?", Jace asked and Magnus gave a 'duh' look to Alec, who smiled.

"Jace it's morning, where do you think I am?", Alec asked, "Oh right, we need you here, the consul is having a meeting in an hour", Jace said making Alec groan.

"Why?", he asked getting up from Magnus after giving another short kiss, "It's about the downworld cabinet", Jace said.

"So should Magnus be there?", Alec asked standing up and walking towards the closet, "No need, some of the institutes are disagreeing on the cabinet so all the institute heads are called, and since you started this you are needed", Jace said and Alec groaned.

"This is going to be a long day", Alec muttered, "I'll be there", Alec said and cut the call, "Magnus", he said turning towards his husband.

But Magnus was already on his feet, "I understand honey, go do your job, I'll be there with your lunch", he said and Alec smiled kissing him again and jumping into the shower.

This was their morning routine, sometimes they get to spend more time on the bed, but most of the times since Alec is the inquisitor, he needs to go to the institute early.

But all the time Magnus supported Alec like Alec supports him no matter what and today was another day.

Alec got ready while Magnus made breakfast, he came out to see his breakfast ready, he smiled and kissed Magnus a thank you and sat down to eat with his husband.

He quickly ate his breakfast and kissed Magnus again and went out taking his bow and quiver, "Don't work yourself up", Magnus called behind him.

"Ok love you", Alec said, "As I love you", Magnus said and Alec shut the front door going out and starting his hectic day.

The meeting started at 12.30, three hours later to what Jace said, as the consul insisted on calling not only the institute heads, but also the new shadowhunters, who arrived in Alicante recently.

All gathered in the big meeting room while Jia and Alec sat in the front and Jace next to Alec and their sister Izzy followed.

Simon and Clary stood near a pillar where they can see everything and hear everything, Jia was more of the Lightwoods friend than the consul to them so they were talking casually.

"So Alec how is Magnus?", she asked slyly in between them just like Izzy, making Alec groan and others laugh.

"He is fine, he should be here by lunch", Alec said and Izzy cheered and the ones who were sitting next to her and the ones that arrived newly, looked at her confused.

"Lovely I haven't seen Magnus in a long time", Jia said and Alec smiled, "Oh I know you saw him yesterday Jia and how you five", he said indicating Jace, Jia, Izzy and Simon, "planned the glitter prank in my office", he said while the five laughed.