Chapter 3: Meeting an Ash (Rewritten)

"UNO!" Wisconsin slammed a card on the table; a plus four. She only had one card left, and fortunately, it was an attack card similar to the one she had dropped.

Currently, the three of the Iowa-class sisters were battling each other in a deadly game of UNO, a game which was famous for ruining friendships alike. Missouri was holding a lot more cards than her sisters, a clear indication that she was on the losing side. Poor girl.

Missouri grumbled and went to get four cards from the deck. "This game is unfair."

"Unfair because you're the only one who's holding a lot of cards?" New Jersey giggled.

The only response New Jersey got from Missouri was a middle finger.

"We're back." Iowa's voice catched their attention. Behind her was (Y/n), who was seemingly deep in thought.

"Huh. That was surprisingly fast." Missouri commented, earning a nod of agreement from Wisconsin and New Jersey.

"(Y/n)!" Wisconsin shouted.

"Ah! W-What?! An enemy?! Where?!" (Y/n) flinched and summoned his sword, frantically looking around. Realizing that there was no threat around, he took a deep breath and sighed, his sword dematerializing shortly after.

"What's wrong? You're spacing out..." New Jersey asked in concern.

"...Nothing." (Y/n) shook his head, giving a slight smile in an attempt to reassure her. "I'm gonna rest for a bit. Call me if you need something."

With that, the male left and went to his room, leaving his wives on their own devices. The three looked rather confused at his demeanor, but Iowa knows what's bugging his mind.

"...Shit." Iowa cursed when the sudden realization hit her.

"Sis?" Missouri said.

"When (Y/n) and I were shopping, he said that he came across a white-haired girl walking past him, though I didn't see anyone walked towards us." Iowa pondered.

"Is he high or something?" Wisconsin asked.

"No." Iowa denied. "I also felt the presence of the 'girl' he was mentioning earlier. Although faint, I still felt it."

"Wait, I think I might have a clue." New Jersey chimed in. "Do you remember the 'Aerolith Incident'?"

"Wait, are you talking about the 'Ashes'?" Wisconsin spoke.

"Exactly." New Jersey confirmed.

Iowa sighed. "There's no point in dwelling on that right now."

"You're right." Wisconsin agreed.

"Hey, sis!" Missouri called out. "Care to join us?"

"Don't fall for it, sis." New Jersey said with a grin. "She just wanted you to join so she won't be the only sore loser."

Again, Missouri only gave her a middle finger, much to the amusement of Iowa.

"Nah, big sis also sucks at UNO." Wisconsin added.

*SLAM*

Iowa slammed her hands on the table and grabbed seven cards from the deck. She smirked as a dark aura suddenly loomed over her. "I will not hold back, even if you're my sister."

---

With (Y/n)...

The male battleship was lying down on his bed, his hands behind his head. He couldn't shake off the thought of the girl he encountered at the plaza.

'Just who is she?' (Y/n) thought.

(Y/n) shook his head and stood up from the bed. Suddenly, he froze for a moment before glancing at the window, looking directly into the ocean.