32. fort building

paranoia.
CHAPTER THIRTY TWO
˖⋆࿐

After their date, Rory and Corpse walked the short walk back to the apartment. It was starting to get late and as soon as they got home they both went to their own rooms to change out of their clothes and into something more comfortable. Corpse had gone straight to the shower and Rory put some sweatpants and a hoodie on.

The plan for the rest of the evening was to watch movies and eat ice cream on the couch. It was one of Rory's favourite ways to relax and she especially loved doing it with Corpse. The two of them didn't say much on the way home and Rory wasn't too sure why. She had a feeling Corpse was upset about something, but she wasn't sure what it was exactly. Everything else that night had gone great so Rory was hoping he was just tired after a long day.

As Rory waited for Corpse to finish changing she began to grow bored. She looked around her surroundings when an idea popped into her head. Rory began pulling the cushions off of the couch before running into her bedroom to grab some blankets and pillows from in there. She scattered them across the floor as she got to work on building a fort in the middle of Corpse's living room.

After a few minutes corpse walked out of his room to find Rory on the living room floor, surrounded by pillows. "What are you doing?" he asked as he watched her try to balance pillows on top of more pillows.

"Huh?" Rory asked, breaking her concentration to focus her attention on him for a moment.

"Why are there so many pillows on the floor?" Corpse asked, a slight humour in his voice.

"Oh, I'm building a fort," Rory smiled, getting back to what she was doing.

"A what?"

"A fort. What? You've never built a fort before?" Rory questioned, her eyes growing wide. She used to love making forts with her younger brother when they were kids and she couldn't believe Corpse had never built one before.

"No. I can't say that I have," he shrugged.

"Well don't just stand there. Give us a hand," Rory said and Corpse laughed. He walked over and started helping her with her creation. Rory directed him with what she wanted him to do. It took a lot longer to build than she had anticipated as they both kept laughing every time the blankets would fall down and land on their heads. Eventually, they managed to get it to stay up and they both crawled inside the comfy arena.

"What now?" Corpse asked as his eyes scanned his new surroundings. He was worried it would fall at any moment so he tried not to make any sudden movements.

Rory thought for a moment before she said "Wait here."

Rory carefully crawled back out of the fort, leaving Corpse on his own. He could her running back and forth as she gathered whatever it was that she was getting. After a minute or so, Rory ran back over to the fort and crawled back in with everything she had collected. She brought her laptop and a tub of Ben & Jerry's with two spoons back with her, perfect for a movie night.

"Movie time. You can pick," Rory said as she opened her laptop and slid it over to Corpse. Corpse browsed through the selection of movies that Rory owned before settling on one of them. Rory's eyes lit up at seeing Christopher Nolan's The Dark Knight on the screen.

     "Oh, my God! That's my favourite movie," Rory squealed, looking to Corpse with excitement.

     "I know. That's why I picked it," he told her and Rory could feel her heart pounding. She sat up and leaned closer, placing a soft kiss on his lips. Corpse smiled into it as his hand came up, tangling itself in Rory's hair. The movie continued to play but neither of them paid much attention. They were too interested in each other.

˖⋆࿐

aurora just posted a photo !

♥︎ liked by corpse_husband, karljacobs_, valkyrae and 424,927 others

aurora ━ i'd say fort building was a success ☺️

*COMMENTS HAVE BEEN DISABLED*

˖⋆࿐

AUTHORS NOTE
don't forget to vote & comment ! 
only a few chapters left
hope y'all enjoy

AUTHORS NOTE don't forget to vote & comment !  only a few chapters left hope y'all enjoy