05. i could kiss you

paranoia.
CHAPTER FIVE
˖⋆࿐

                    Rory sat on her gaming chair, her legs pulled up to her chest. She had been streaming for almost an hour and she was having the best time. The group were all playing among us and so far, Rory had been the imposter once with Jack. The round didn't go well for Rory as she got voted out straight away after Felix saw her vent, resulting in them losing. Luckily for Rory, she was finally given another chance as the word imposter appeared on her screen.

     Rory let out a little cheer, making sure her mic was muted first, which it was. She grew even more excited when she saw Corpse was also an imposter. "Oh, my God! It's me and Corpse!" Rory exclaimed as the game started. After a few seconds, Corpse had turned off the lights as Rory faked download in Weapons. As everyone ran towards Electrical, Rory took her opportunity to quickly kill Sykkuno as he was the first person she saw. "Sorry Sykkuno!" Rory said as she ran from the body and towards lights.

Lights came back on and Rory decided to stick with Felix and Jack, hoping to get an alibi from them. Before she had a chance to do anything, Charlie reported the body. "Okay, play it cool Rory, play it cool," Rory said, trying to psych herself up.

"No! Sykkuno!" Jack whined at seeing Sykkuno crossed out on the screen. Rory tried to hold in her laughter.

"The body is at the top of weapons," Charlie immediately said.

"Who was the last to lights?" Rae asked, assuming Sykkuno had been killed when the lights went out.

"I think it was Rory," Lily answered, slowly. Rory could feel her heart racing as she tried to come up with an excuse.

"Yeah, I was because I was finishing upload in Admin," Rory replied, trying her best to sound genuine.

"Where did you do download?" Toast asked and Rory could tell he was sus of her straight away.

"In weapons," Rory answered. "As I finished, Sykkuno came in but I went down to Admin so I didn't see what happened," Rory finished, squeezing her eyes close, praying that they bought her story.

"Okay, I say we skip but keep an eye on Rory," Toast said as he voted to skip. Everyone else also voted to skip except for Felix, who voted for Rory. Rory let out a sigh of relief once she muted her mic. This was further than she usually got as an imposter and she was just hoping Corpse could carry the round.

The game began again and Rory went to Navigation to fake tasks. When she walked in, Rae was the only other person there, so she took her opportunity and killed Rae before venting out of there. Rory was sat in the vent as Ken reported Charlie's body.

"Found my boy GreaseBall in Security," Ken said after reporting the body. Rory kept her mic muted for a moment as she looked to her stream.

"Guys, I'm actually shaking. This is so stressful... Fuck!" Rory exclaimed, double checking she was still muted.

"I saw a vent close, but I didn't see anyone in it," Ken added. Rory knew it was Corpse who had killed Charlie as she was in a vent on the other side of the map.

"Ken saw Corpse go into a vent and he's still getting away with it! What?" Rory said, looking to the chat on the screen beside her. Her viewers were all talking about how good Corpse was at being imposter and she was starting to believe them.