31. dinner for two

paranoia.
CHAPTER THIRTY ONE
˖⋆࿐

Corpse had finally finished up what he was working on and texted Rory to tell her he was almost ready to go. Once he had quickly changed his clothes, he walked out of his room to find Rory waiting for him in the living room. He could feel his heart racing as he saw Rory standing there in her little black dress. Her hair was tied up, a few pieces at the front hanging down and framing her face. She looked so effortlessly beautiful and Corpse was lost for words.

     "Wow," Corpse breathed out as he walked towards the girl. Rory looked up from her phone and saw Corpse's eyes roaming her body. She felt herself blush.

     "Thank you," she replied. "I'm not too overdressed, am I?"

     Corpse shook his head. "No, you look beautiful."

     Rory couldn't help the cheesy grin that formed on her face and her cheeks were burning up. Corpse put out his hand and Rory took it in hers, allowing him to guide her out of the apartment. Corpse had found a little restaurant that was close by and the two went there for dinner. It was pretty quite which was perfect as the two of them wanted some time to themselves to talk. The two of them quickly ordered their meals before they started talking.

     "I'm so glad we're finally getting to do this," Corpse said which instantly made Rory smile. She was also excited about the prospect of the two of them finally going on a date and possibly more in the future.

"Me too," Rory replied. Corpse placed his hand on the table and pushed it forward, opening his hand out for Rory to grab. She immediately lifted her own hand and placed it in his. Corpse squeezed it lightly before he began to brush his thumb over her knuckles. The touch made Rory's heart swell. It just felt right.

Rory looked at Corpse and she could feel the words trying to fight their way out of her mouth. There was so much she had to say to him and she had been so scared to actually say it. But being there with him in that moment felt so easy and Rory was struggling to keep it in.

"I'm just gonna come out and say it," Rory said and Corpse smiled. "I like you, like, I really like you. It's kinda scary how much I like you, actually," she rambled which made Corpse lightly chuckle. "I just feel so happy when I'm with you and it's like all of my problems seem so insufficient, like they don't even matter because you're there to make me smile. And I never want that feeling to go away."

Corpse smiled at Rory's honesty. "I feel the same way," he told her and Rory finally let go of the breath she didn't realise she was even holding. "These last few months getting to know you have been some of the best months of my life. My confidence has grown because of you and I feel like I'm in a really good place right now. I feel happy and that's all thanks to you."

     Before Rory could say anything else, the waiter came over to give the couple their food. As he began setting the plates down, Rory felt her phone vibrate in her pocket. She quickly pulled it out and saw the number that was calling her.

     "I'll be right back," Rory said, an apologetic look on her face. Corpse completely understand and watched as Rory quickly stepped outside to take the call. After a few minutes she walked back in with a big smile on her face.

     "Everything okay?" Corpse asked as Rory sat back down and put her phone back into her pocket.

     "Perfect, actually," she told him and Corpse raised an eyebrow. "That was my realtor. She said there's an apartment available not too far from here and it's mine if I want it."

     "Did you say yes?" Corpse asked and Rory nodded.

     "It took a lot longer than expected but I finally have somewhere to live again," she giggled and Corpse forced a smile onto his face. He was really happy that she had found somewhere, but a part of him was gutted that she would be moving out. He loved having her as a roommate and he thought she loved it too.

     "That's great," he said, but his heart said the opposite.

˖⋆࿐

AUTHORS NOTE
don't forget to vote & comment !
hope y'all enjoy

AUTHORS NOTE don't forget to vote & comment !  hope y'all enjoy