19. you should tell him

paranoia.
CHAPTER NINETEEN
˖⋆࿐
aurora just posted a photo !

♥︎ liked by corpse_husband, karljacobs_, valkyrae and 424,927 others

aurora ━ going dark for a while. love ya & miss ya. 💔

VIEW COMMENTS

userone ━ i am gonna miss you so much

karljacobs_ ━ take all the time you need rory!
aurora thank you karl <3

usertwo ━ hope everything is okay!

pokimanelol we love you! take care of yourself!
❪ liked by aurora & 5,029 others

userthree ━ miss you already

valkyrae ━ message me if you need anything!
❪ liked by aurora & 11,903 others

userfive i can't wait for new music 😆

taliamar ━ i miss your cute lil face
❪ liked by aurora & 9,002 others

corpse_husband ━ see you soon
aurora ━ 👀
usersix WAIT WHAT

userseven  stay hydrated & stay safe ❤️

LOAD MORE COMMENTS

˖⋆࿐

Rory had spent the majority of the week packing up all of her belongings with the help of Caroline. She had moved most of her stuff to storage for when she found a place of her own and only kept out what was necessary to move in with Corpse. Rory still couldn't believe it was happening. Not only was she getting ready to meet the person she had been talking to for months, but she was about to move in with him even if it was only temporary.

"I think that's the last of it," Caroline said as she finished taping up the last box that was ready to go into storage. "How are you feeling?"

"Exhausted. Who knew packing up your entire apartment in a couple of days would be this tiring?" Rory said making Caroline laugh and roll her eyes.

"I meant about moving in with Corpse," she replied and Rory nodded her head. She knew that's what she meant, but she was hoping to avoid that question because she wasn't too sure how to answer it.

"Okay, I guess," Rory answered, shrugging her shoulders. "I'm just worried things are gonna be weird between us."

     Caroline furrowed her brows. "Why would it be weird?"

"Because you know how easy it is for me to make a complete fool of myself, especially around Corpse. Imagine how pathetic I'll be when I'm around him in person," Rory explained which made Caroline giggle to herself. "Plus, before he invited me to live with him I may have told him I liked him."

Rory's words made Caroline choke on the mouthful of water she had just taken from the glass beside her. "You did what?!" Caroline asked and Rory flashed her a half smile. "Well, I guess it went down well considering he wants you to live with him," she continued. "What did he say after you said that?"

"He told me he liked me too," Rory replied, shrugging her shoulders and standing up from where she had been sat on the floor. She was wearing an old pair of gym shorts and an oversized shirt as she padded into the other room where more of her things were waiting to be packed up. Caroline watched her with wide eyes as she walked past her.

"Okay, and when you told him you liked him did you mean it in a I like you as a friend kind of way or I like you as more than a friend?" Caroline asked as Rory re-entered the room carrying a pile of clothes which she dumped onto the floor where she had previously been sat.

Rory pursed her lips as she thought about her answer. "The latter, I think," Rory replied, unsure of the answer herself but if she really thought about it, it was the answer she liked the most. She'd be lying if she said she hadn't formed some kind of feelings for Corpse over the months that they had known one another, but she didn't know what to do about it. She didn't want to complicate things or ruin the friendship that they had created if he didn't feel the same way as her.

     "Maybe you should tell him."

     Rory laughed, assuming Caroline was joking but as she turned to look at her, she noticed her face didn't have even a ounce of humour about it. "Oh, you're serious?" Rory asked as she stopped laughing.

     "Look, I've never met Corpse or even spoken to him, but I've heard they way you've talked about him and I've seen you interact in videos and I can tell there's a connection there," Caroline explained while Rory folded up some of her clothes, not really knowing what to say. "I'm just saying, if the moment feels right I don't see why you shouldn't go for it."

Caroline always made everything seem so effortless and easy and Rory was always envious of that. She wish she had the confidence that Caroline had to just tell a guy she had feelings for them, but Rory couldn't. Especially not with Corpse because she had this horrible fear of pushing him away and losing him. Having him in her life this way was better than not having him at all.

"I'll think about it," Rory finally answered, her eyes only making eye contact with her best friend for a moment. Caroline sighed knowing Rory all too well, but she decided not to press it further. She didn't want to upset Rory after all. Rory stood up off of the floor and stretched as she looked down at Caroline. "I'm bored of packing. Wanna go out to eat?" Rory asked with a smile on her face.

Caroline giggled. "You really think I'd say no to that? Of course I want food," she replied as she stood up and followed Rory out of the room.

˖⋆࿐

AUTHORS NOTE
don't forget to vote & comment !

thank you for being patient with me and my slow updates. life got crazy busy and i just didn't feel like writing. however, i've just finished my first year of uni so i will try to update more often now as i have more free time. i love this book and i really want to keep writing it.
i hope you're all enjoying it & thank you for all of your support. it honestly means the world to me.
i appreciate you all.