10. that sounds ominous

paranoia.
CHAPTER TEN
˖⋆࿐

                    Rory had no plans for the day considering she wasn't going to be streaming anything. She decided to spend the day working on her music that she was in the progress of making. Her feelings the past few weeks had really helped her with writing songs, despite them not being great feelings.

     It had been a few hours and Rory wanted to take a bit of a break. She typically watched movies or YouTube in her spare time as it was her escape from reality. There were a few YouTuber's that Rory would normally watch, so she opened up the app to rewatch her favourite videos over again. But when the YouTube app loaded, she noticed Corpse was streaming Among Us.

     Rory had forgotten they were intending to play that day. She had been invited by Rae, but after explaining everything that had been happening with her, Rae understood why she wasn't up for playing. Rae was really sweet about the whole situation and told her she could play with them when she was feeling better. Rory really appreciated having friends like that in her life.

     With nothing else to do, Rory clicked on Corpse's stream and began watching. They were in the middle of a game and were currently discussing who was where after discovering Sykkuno's body.

     "I think it's Corpse," Charlie said, making Rory laugh to herself as she could see that Corpse was in fact an imposter this round.

     "Wait, what?" Corpse quizzed, confused to why he'd consider him when he had told them he was no where near the body. They talked it out for a while longer before skipping the vote. Rory couldn't believe how good Corpse was at talking his way out of situations like that.

The game went on and it was now down to the last three people. Corpse was the remaining imposter and Toast and Felix were the last two crewmates.

"I honestly don't have a clue," Toast admitted as he tried to work out who it could be. "I don't have sus on either of you."

"I'm pretty sure it's Felix," Corpse said nonchalantly.

"What!" Felix exclaimed. He had suspicion it was Corpse and now that he had accused him, it had confirmed it for him. "No way, it's Corpse again."

"But it was impossible for him to do that kill," Toast said quietly. He was really trying hard to figure it out.

"Exactly. I know it's definitely not Toast, so it has to be Felix," Corpse said with confidence.

"No, no, no! Corpse did this to me last time we played," Felix laughed realising there was no hope for him now. Corpse was way too good at the game.

"No, I didn't," Corpse replied, not remembering the session he was referring to.

"Yes you did! You and Rory were imposter and you turned it on me so fast," Felix told him. Rory cringed at hearing her name mentioned and it was almost as if Corpse could sense it because he quickly moved the conversation on and away from her. Rory could see the chat next to the stream blowing up with mentions of her name. Surprisingly, there were actually a lot of really sweet comments, but there were also a lot of bad ones. It was infuriating to Rory that she couldn't just be friends with Corpse without everyone assuming things about them.