24. drunk among us

paranoia.
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR
˖⋆࿐

                    Rory was excited to start streaming again. The past few weeks had been great for her and she was finally in a place where she felt happy. It felt good to be back doing what she loved and as she pressed the go live button, a big smile grew on her face. Rory's starting soon screen popped up and thousands of users began to flood the chat.

     banana2391: RORY WE MISSED YOU

     rory_cat_ears: drunk among us POGGIES

     sammy_leo123: so glad you're back rory :auroraLove:

     "Hi, chat!" Rory said as she changed screens, ready to start playing once everyone else was. "I've missed you too."

     "Rory!" A familiar voice yelled through her headphones which made her jump. She had joined the discord call but was still muted while she talked to chat. "Unmute!"

     "Sorry! Hi, everyone," Rory replied once she unmuted and joined the game with the code that had been posted in chat. Everyone said hello back, having there own little conversations while the group all got set up.

     "What are you guys drinking?" Rae asked once everyone had joined the lobby.

     "Vodka."

     "Bailey's."

     "Everything," Rory answered with a giggle which made everyone else laugh. She had been to the store the day before to get drinks for the games, but she couldn't decide what to get so she ended up buying a lot of random stuff.

     "Before we start, can I just say thank you to Ash for waking up for this," Rae said and everyone agreed.

     "It's so early," Ash laughed, clearly still half asleep.

     "I technically just woke up too so..." Rory added. It was true, she had just woken up, but it was also one in the afternoon not six in the morning.

     "Oh, yeah. Thank you, Rory," Corpse said with a giggle.

     "You're very welcome, Corpse."

     The first game began and Rory was surprised to see that her and Ash were imposters. She was already slightly tipsy which was why she was following Corpse around the map, talking about random things. Before she could finish telling him another stupid high school story, the first meeting was called after Brooke and Sykkuno had found Seán's body. Rory stayed muted the whole time as she talked to her chat and drank more of her drink. She knew Corpse would back her up and give her an alibi for the round so she wasn't bothered about the conversation.

     "I just blanked for like sixty seconds. I don't know what the fuck is going on," Corpse said which grabbed Rory's attention and she started listening to the conversation again. She unmuted herself to try not to look too suspicious.

"I think we're killing Ash."

"How much did you drink, Corpse?" Sykkuno asked which made Rory laugh.

"Enough," he replied which made Rory laugh again. She really was already wasted.

"Enough? Or are you distracted by reading chat because you're the imposter? Hmm," Rae deduced as the votes came up on screen and almost everyone had voted to skip.