x.

The crashing of the waves filled the notable silence between the two. Cassiopeia studied the tall boy, her eyes climbing up his built frame before landing on his face. His eyes narrowed as he stared at her, his expression was stern which created a small crease in his forehead. She could make out his body as it slightly swayed in the darkness. His ability stand still was concerning her.

"Aren't you going to say anything?" Rafe suddenly snapped before pressing a glass bottle to his lips. Cassiopeia slanted one of her brows in disapproval and shot him a disgusted glance.

"Are you drunk?"

Rafe took another swig of whatever was in the bottle and studied her with piercing scrutiny.

She waited for him to respond but his response came out as a burp.

"I don't have time for this," She grumbled, ungluing her eyes from him.

She could hear his low laughter echo in her ears. "But you have time for those fucking Pogues."

Cassiopeia took that as for her sign to go. She felt the ocean wind hit the back of her neck as she spun around on her heels, her body facing towards the party.

Rafe stumbled forward, reaching out to grab her hair and yanked her back.

Cassiopeia yelped in pain before her back was flush against Rafe's chest. His breathing was heavy and unsteady. He let go of her hair and wrapped his arm around her neck.

"You're fucking crazy," Cassiopeia hissed as she struggled against his grip.

"You don't just get to walk away from me," Rafe breathed heavily into her ear. The cool mint of his breath sent a shiver through her.

"I'm so tired of this!" She yelled abrasively.

"And you think I'm not?" Rafe yelled back into her ear, "You think I want those fucking Pogue's to ruin my life?"

"You know nothing about them."

He scoffed at her remark, "They are low life's," he grumbled, "They have always been out to get me."

"Do you even hear yourself right now?" Cassiopeia's heart was racing, "You're fucking psycho Rafe."

His gripped tightened around her, "Somethings not right with me Cass."

"Don't call me that."

"Can't you have some fucking sympathy for me?" Rafe spat and spun her around. He dug his fingers into the sides of her waist.

"You tried to fucking kill me!" Cassiopeia screamed at him, shoving a forceful finger into his chest.

Rafe grabbed her finger and began to twist it, "You know I couldn't do that."

"No, I don't," She shouted, "Can't you see I want nothing to do with you?"

"Damn it!" He yelled and shoved her backwards, "Can't you listen for one fucking minute?"

"Go to hell." She snarled and heard the sound of JJ's voice calling for her. She began to make a run for it. Her feet dashed through the cold sand, sinking with each step. Rafe was right behind her, tripping over logs and branches.

"Cassiopeia, stop!" He yelled and leaped towards her, bringing her down in one swift motion. She laid there struggling in the sand. His massive body leaned over her and she watched as his hair fell into his face.

"Why do you always run to him?" He panted and wiped his sleeve across his face.

She ignored him, "I have to go."