xxi.

"What, are you just gonna stand there?" His deep voice echoed over the crash of the waves.

Cassiopeia adjusted her eyes so that they were directly on his, "No, I'm not doing this."

She moved from her frozen stance and moved past him, but he reached out and snatched her arm.

The heat of his hand traveled up her arm. She twisted her limb, trying to break free but he tightened his grip around her, her heartbeat pulsing in her arm.

"Back to Maybank I presume?" He hissed, his breathing heavy.

She ignored his question and continued her attempt to pull her arm away.

"Or perhaps you were on your way back to suck off my best friend?"

She shot him a dirty look, desperately trying to pull away. She knew he was cutting off her circulation, and most likely there would be a bruise at the end of their confrontation.

"You get around a lot, don't you?" He snarled in her ear, "I'm sure your insides are littered with Pogue remnants."

She used her foot to try to kick at his shins, but he only yanked her arm back, a whine escaped her lips.

"Can't you fucking say something?" He angrily spat in her ear.

She snapped her head back and instantly spit in his face.

He let go of her arm, which was currently throbbing and with the back of his hand he wiped the spit away from his mouth. She stood still, her body unable to move.

"Ungrateful bitch," He mumbled, fixing the collar of his shirt.

Something within Cassiopeia clicked and she charged towards him, shoving a finger in his chest.

"Me?" She rose her eyebrows, "You destroyed my life Rafe."

When he didn't respond, she pressed her finger harder against him, "You're a sick fuck and you know it."

"I don't know what you are talking about," He grumbled.

Cassiopeia scoffed, "Oh really? The fact that you planned to slaughter JJ's chickens with no fucking remorse?"

"Like I said, I don't know what you are talking about."

Cassiopeia shook her head in disbelief, "You ruin every fucking thing you touch. You're so far fucked up in the head you have to make everyone else's life miserable."

She was shouting at this point, and she wondered whether Topper could hear her in the distance.

The waves continued to crash around them as she watched Rafe stand there, the wind blowing the strands of hair in front his eyes.

"You've always been against me," He mumbled, running a slow hand through his hair.

Cassiopeia backed away from him, tears of anger rolled down her pink cheeks.

"Please just stay away from me," She begged, "Go back to your fan club and feed them the lies that you have fed me."

Rafe stares her down, his head shaking slowly, "They are nothing."

"Oh really," Cassiopeia spat, a gust of wind blowing her hair in front of her face, "Because it really looked like something."

Rafe stood there with an expressionless look on his face and she finally decided she had enough.

She shook her head in disbelief, "I knew coming to this would be a mistake, I knew somehow you would show up and make me feel like shit."

She turned away from him and dragged her feet through the sand back towards the party. That was until he moved up behind her, his hands gripping her waist and spun her around.