꩜ Chapter 13 ꩜

From that night, Mattheo completely ignored me. He continued showing up for classes and meals at the great hall but never spared me a second glance. I couldn't be mad, he was doing exactly what I had asked him to do. It was like I had never existed to him, as if we had never spoken before. It was unnerving how easily I seemed to be forgotten.

The one class he never came to was astronomy, it made me wonder if he had dropped it or just was never interested enough to show up.

Classrooms and the Great Hall had been dressed up with pumpkins, bats and all other types of Halloween themed stuff. Halloween had to be my favorite time of the year. My mother used to take my out trick or treating in muggle areas for sweets but it was never as good as the bucket load of wizard candy my dad would buy me if I didn't get enough. I was spoiled, what can I say?

My mother was always fascinated by the muggle world as a pureblood. I sometimes wondered if that was why she married my father. They had so many differences, it was the only real explanation I could find for why they would ever have a child together. My father, on the other hand, was more practical about his use of muggle practises. He was the one who taught me how to clean and drive the muggle way, as well as all my other non-magical skills. My mother was always too lazy for those things.

Pansy and I had been planning the upcoming Halloween party. There was always a big feast in the Great Hall but immediately afterwards, all the students would rush to their dorms to get ready for the Slytherin party.

I was told everyone dressed up in costumes (usually slutty ones) and got super drunk. There would be awards in the form of more alcohol for best dressed and other things. I wasn't too interested in going for any of those.

Pansy and I sat in the Great Hall together, planning it all out. Pumpkin heads producing light from the candles inside floated above our heads and the night sky was charmed to be dark with crackling lighting.

"Okay, so we need to get some more webs to put around the room, some prizes for best dressed and any other decorations we see." Pansy listed. Thankfully, Halloween was on a Saturday, which gave us the time to go and get last minute supplies for the party from Hogsmeade.

On our list was also costumes, we still had no idea what we were going as. 

"How's the scheming going?" Blaise asked as he sat down across from us. Theodore sat next to him and immediately started shoveling food into his face. Draco was no where to be seen.

"Pretty good, just finishing up some last minute plans," Pansy replied. He nodded and turned to get himself some food.

"Wheres Draco?" I inquired.

"Probably out shagging some poor Ravenclaw. He's been making his way through the girls in that house, gonna have to move on to Hufflepuffs if he keeps going the way he is," Theo said with a mouth full.

I grimaced and leaned back away from him. "Don't talk with your mouth full, that's gross," I told him off.

Theo smirked and swallowed his bite of sandwich. "I could fill your mouth with something?"

I choked on my drink and kicked him from under the table.

"Ow! What was that for?" I shook my head. God he was a smartass.

"Has anyone got any idea what's going  on with him?" Pansy questioned.

We all shook our heads in unison. We all cared about him. I hadn't known him nearly as long as the others but still cared for him just as much.

After dinner Pansy and I went back to the common rooms to finish off a last minute essay for Care of Magical Creatures. We sat around one of the tables near the window talking about the party as we wrote.