Chapter 33 ~ Presents

"Merry Christmas bitch."

I opened my eyes to see Pansy standing at the foot of my bed with a gift in hand. Her abruptness made me snort as I sat up.

Putting my arms out, she dropped a large bag into my hand. 

"You are honestly so difficult to buy for, but being my amazing self, I managed to get you something I think will outdo every present you've ever gotten," she said proudly.

Christmas day wasn't something I always looked forward to. It reminded me a lot of my childhood and the broken promises from my mum. My dad always kinda sucked at knowing what to get me but at least he tried.

I smiled brightly at her before digging into the bag.

Inside was an expensive bottle of pink rum, a book I had mentioned to Pansy that I wanted to read, and a brilliant pair of sparkly black heels. I gasped at the shoes and pulled them from the bag, admiring them in the sunlight that peaked through the curtains.

"You were right. This is possibly the best gift I have ever gotten," I said giggling. I got up and out of bed, walking over to my dark haired best friend and enclosing her in a tight hug.

"The rum is for a special occasion, okay?" She told me very seriously. I laughed and nodded.

Grabbing the extra bag I brought with me from under the bed, I pulled out the gold wrapped present, the one specifically for Pansy.

"Whats this?" She asked with fake surprise. "For me? Oh you shouldn't have."

I laughed again and handed it over to her. She ripped the paper off with excitement and gasped as she saw the green shiny jewellery. 

"Oh Merlin, it's gorgeous Rave. You really shouldn't have," she said, watching the way the light reflected off the matching emerald necklace and earrings. 

Warmth rushed to my cheeks at the love she showed for the gift. I loved getting people presents, seeing their excitement and happiness at some of the simplest things.

Pansy ran over to the mirror, holding the necklace up against her pale skin. Her eyes caught mine in the mirror and she grinned happily.

"I'm glad you like it Pans. Now come on, lets go get the boys so we can open the rest."

Rushing down the hallway to the boys rooms, giggling and messing around the whole way, I felt happy and whole.

My dreams from last night had faded, like most dreams do. But I couldn't shake the feeling that it left behind. There was something so wrong with it but I just couldn't place what. The details of the dream were harder to remember now and by the end of the day, I doubt it would even be present in my mind. 

The boys, who refused to share, were in rooms next to each other.

Stopping at Dracos first, we banged on the door. With a muffled groan, it opened, revealing Draco in only his sweatpants which hung nicely off his hips and slim frame, showing off toned white skin and his v-line. I felt blood rush to my cheeks for a second but Pansy showed no fluster. 

"Hurry up and get a shirt Malfoy, we haven't got all day," she huffed.

He rolled his eyes and gave me a 'good morning' look. 

The two of us started running to the next door with Draco calling out behind us, "we do actually!"

Next was Blaises room but before we could knock, he had already opened the door. "Whats all this bloody racket about?"

"Its Christmas, we're doing presents," Pansy stated. I smiled at Blaise who smirked back and rolled his eyes. 

Lastly, we ran to Theodores door. Even after three knocks, he still hadn't answered. Draco came out of his room, now fully clothed and holding a box in his arms.