Chapter 55 ~ Light

A/N: I am a hopeless romantic and this chapter was literally just my expression of a loveless pain. I want a love that seems to only exist in the pages of books and I want someone to be so in love with me that it physically hurts because it feels like it cannot fit in their chest. I want someone to be in love with the little things about me and to find beauty in every single flaw. Or maybe I'm just mentally ill.

(That got very deep, anyways. Back to the smut.)

Mature content, also potential TW for violence?

Mattheos POV ~ 

I ducked my head, scarcely escaping the stunning spell that was fired at me. The Order member in front of me sneered before disappearing in a twist of light. 

Shit. The anti-apparation wards must be down. 

Just as the thought flowed through my head, popping noises began filling the air. 

"Fuck! They're all fucking gone!" I rolled my eyes, pulling the shoulder of my black robes back over my arm. Rookwood could scream all he liked, but that wasn't going to bring back the fucking Order members we had managed to corner. 

Fresh out of Azkaban and thirsty for blood, Rookwoods team was supposed to be in charge of capturing rouge Order members who were hiding under our radars. Instead, I just got back a lot of reports about failed missions like this one. 

"You wanted action, I gave you action," I spat at the masked Death Eater. "Maybe if you could aim for shit, some of those Ministry rats would be in chains rather than back in whatever fucking hole they're hiding in!" I shoved my mask back and ran a hand through my hair. It was getting too long, I would have to let Raven cut it like she kept bugging me about. 

"Oh, I'm sorry my Lord, I don't see any dead mudbloods at your fucking feet," Rookwood screeched, stomping through muddy grass to press his chest to mine. His breath leaked out the gap in his mask and stunk of rotten cheese. "You wanna question my skills? How about I show you some of my skills you arrogant squib." 

I grinned as I felt the tip of a wand placed at the base of my neck. I towered over Rookwood and yet the man looked up at me with nothing but furious intensity. 

I felt my eyebrow twitch before I spoke. "You were shit as a spy and you're shit in the field. I could have you dead for lack of use, along with betrayal now. Choose your next move very carefully Rookwood, because your life depends on it."

Using his other hand, he pulled back his mask and spat on my shoes. 

Power rose up and I reached down to it, feeling it rush through my veins and out my fingertips and sending the Death Eater flying backwards. 

Lifting my wand, I focused on the burning need to cause pain, the dark pit that I kept shoved down save for times like these. "Crucio."

Rookwood screamed until his throat was raw and blood coated his lips. He screamed until his vocal cords were ripped and his hands were twitching with each sob that racked his body. Only then did I let him die. Only then did I put another crack in my soul by whispering those poisonous words. 

The silence that followed the death of Augustus Rookwood was almost humorous. 

No one moved, terrified of being the next victim to meet my hand. "I'll assign a new field manager once I've reported this... unfortunate incident. Crabbe, I need you to do the write up for this mission."

Without making eye contact, Crabbe Senior walked forward and to my side, bending over to pick up the mask dropped by Rookwood. It would be taken back to the manor he was based out of, cleaned, and given to a new recruit who had just finished his training.