Chapter Twelve

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth in me shall never thirst.

        – The Bible. Jesus: John 6:35

       ~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Dear Mum and Dad,

Hello, my beloved parents. I know you are above watching me. But I'm not sure. It's still a mystery to me. I don't know what happens to a dead person. I don't know where they go or what they do. Just rest in peace wherever you are, my beloved parents. I love you!

I have something to share. I know I should get a friend or someone to share my thoughts with but I don't have such a person now so I will just write this letter. Maybe I will search for a friend later. Today, I went to a tutorial. It's my first time there. I think my experience there is going to be lonely. I hate gossip and the students look immature. I am twenty years old and I need to act my age. The truth is that I didn't really have a fun childhood experience. My evil Aunty and her wicked husband ruined my life. They will surely pay for this. I will not spare them.

So....I just want to tell you that I am going to set the confident me out. I need to be bold in that tutorial. I will never allow myself to be oppressed. I definitely will not take any rubbish from anyone.

Sadly, this letter will end here. I'm just gonna take life seriously. There is no time to play. I have steps to climb towards my success.

I smile at the letter that I had written and go to tuck the book into my bag. I spread one of my material on the floor and lay on it. It's time to sleep. I have a busy day tomorrow. It is 9 in the night and I want to rest for awhile because I will have to wake up early. I would like to stop at my shop to work a little before I head to the tutorial. Rita is not around though. She just left for a night party. I don't understand how she lives her life. Her work is something I can never learn to understand. I shut my eyes and sleep overcomes me.

The early morning sun permeate into my room and its ray settles on my eye. The moment I open my eyes, it's sends a sharp pain. I use my hand to shield myself from it and rise. I was hoping to wake up five but rather I woke up six. I spring to my feet and mentally prepare to fight for an opportunity to bath downstairs. I pick my toiletries and head down the stairs. It takes an hour before I can finally bath. My breakfast today will be simple: bread and coke. This is what I can afford. I won't say I'm broke. No way! I just started saving for my tuition fee. There is no way I will take advantage of Aaron's assistance. He has helped me a lot. The least I can do for myself is to save my money. I eat my breakfast and hiked to my shop.

With an unwaveringly serene smile on my face, I open the windows in my shop and dust the place. I won't have to deal with Baba Lolade anymore. I have changed my shop. It is spacious and it's well-equipped. I spot my radio on my wooden table. Mrs Yemi had bought it for me. The woman is so different from my aunt. I don't know why but I just keep comparing her to my aunt. The difference is so huge. The woman is generous, tolerant and an amiable person. I wish she was my aunt and not the other one. I'm sure my life would have been better. I need to visit Ms. Sara's bakery. I miss Mrs Yemi already. Though my business has been going well, I work at the bakery once in awhile.

I switch on the radio and tune in to a musical station. A sweet melody blast out of it and my body swirled to it. Left to right, up and down, my body moves to its mellifluous rhythm. Good music has a way of lifting the mood of a person. I didn't even know when I started singing along.

My hands adroitly work on the design of a customer's dress. I throw some shapes to the music as I work.  My ringtone shrieks and I purse my lips before proceeding to switch off the radio. My living atmosphere becomes dull in a second. I pick my phone and I see the number of my recent customer being displayed.